A - Happy Christmas, Harry

My darling readers,

Today is an extremely important day. It is December 23rd, AKA the eve of Christmas Eve.

On such a cataclysmic day as this, you'd expect me to have spent it doing something productive. Well, if there's one thing you should know about me, it's this: I am never productive.

Don't fret, though. I did not spend the entirety of today lying in bed and scrolling through TikTok: I actually did some reading for once. And guess what... I also finished it.

This wasn't just any old book, either. It was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. 

After the rather unfortunate Draco obsession (which you may remember as being the whole point of Epiphanies), I had to avoid all things related to Harry Potter. I was simply too scarred, too traumatized by Draco. In late 2021, I tried to start reading the series but stopped after the first book--I still could not handle it. In September of this year, however, I made a pact with myself to finish the entire series by the end of the year. I had absolutely no faith in myself for the conquest, but to my utter surprise, I stand here before you today to say that I have done it. I have officially read all 7 Harry Potter books. 

And what a journey it has been.

I was equally shocked and pleased to find that not once did Draco's presence in any of the books have any impact on me whatsoever. It honestly feels like the Draco obsession didn't happen at all--all the trauma has been wiped out.

When the obsession was at its peak, H and I would watch specific Harry Potter movies basically every day. Half-Blood Prince was probably our most-watched one. Now, this is a great movie, but we weren't really enjoying it for what it was. All we focused on was Draco.

Now, however, I've been able to seriously take in the story without being distracted by Mr. Malfoy's presence--which, by the way, is rather minimal in most of the books.

Let me just say, these books are nothing short of spectacular. The world-building, the storytelling, the characters, the raw emotion... I could go on forever. I truly grew to care about every character, but not in an unhealthy way like it was with Draco. And it was an amazing experience because even though I loved reading, it didn't feel like an escape from life. It was just a fun thing to do in my free time. 

So, my lovely people, here's what I want you to take away from this: don't become so obsessed with a fictional character that you stop living your life--especially if that character is Draco Malfoy. It'll ruin you in the long run. 

Well, that's all from me. Wishing you all a very merry Christmas Eve Eve!

 Wishing you all a very merry Christmas Eve Eve!