A - A very merry mental breakdown

Beloved readers,

What a day it has been. First of all, it is Christmas Eve! I hope you all have been able to enjoy this evening surrounded by friends, family, and lots of food.

I must say, this particular eve of Christmas has gone totally awry for me--but, somehow, in the best way possible.

The morning began on quite the high note. I awoke to find an email from my estranged uncle, an email that contained a $150 gift card. That was equally shocking and uplifting.

The rest of the day was pretty tame. I tried to repair a pair of shorts that my brother had enlisted me to tailor back in July (whoops) but they were past the point of no return. I watched the live-action grinch, an absolute classic, before the evening began--and I entered an alternate dimension.

As per usual, my family and I went to the 6:00 PM Christmas Eve service. It was a great service. The choir was giving it their all and the pastor did a great job. But it was the events that occurred directly after the service that banished my soul to oblivion.

We sat behind the specific family (if you know you know) and at the end of the service, the dad of said family turned to talk to mine. In this conversation, he revealed that their family watched While You Were Sleeping last night.

Are you kidding me right now.

WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING? My favourite Christmas movie of all time? THEY watched it??????

This gave me enough death to last a lifetime, but that death was deepened even further when I got home. The following events I will not disclose to the public, but H knows exactly what I'm talking about.

In conclusion, I am currently the epitome of dead. And there are still 4 hours left in the day. Wish me luck. There are no lessons in the chapter because I am not equipped to be teaching anyone anything right now. I am simply crumbling to pieces.

On that note, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve.

I will see you soon.