H - A not-so-normal Christmas vol. 3

Just saw a quote: "I'm either Buddy the elf of the Grinch, there is no in-between" and it hit home. But that's not what this chapter is about...

2020 was the weirdest, worst Christmas of my life. 2021 was astronomically better, but still tainted by the dreaded Coronavirus and not normal whatsoever. This year... Once again, things are not normal for various reasons. Which begs the question - What is normal? Is there even a normal anymore? 

The answer friends, is no. Because, you see, next year will be a not-so-normal Christmas volume 4. A and I will be done with high school, and no longer legal children, with who knows what ahead of us. I couldn't have even prepared my past self for this year if I tried, let alone try to imagine what is to come.  

Normal is a concept that no longer applies. 

An instagram post of a friend's mom had the caption once: "There's something about the familiar; a family recipe or the comfort of a tradition that offers a bit of stability during a time of transition." 

I've gotta say, first of all, best instagram caption of all time. Second of all, it's so true. And I believe that capitalizing on the things that offer stability are what can help us carry on.

I write this chapter to you on the eve of the eve of Christmas.... But PLOT TWIST, this year Christmas is on a Sunday so tomorrow my family will be doing Christmas morning. 

At first, I was very opposed to it. However, now, from a logical standpoint, it makes way more sense than trying to fit Christmas morning into a day which will be absolutely chaotic as it is. 

What makes Christmas morning Christmas morning for me is my Grandma's coffee cake recipe. My mom makes it every Christmas morning. I don't know if her mom made it on Christmas mornings, but my mom always has and it's my favourite part of the morning. Tomorrow our Christmas morning won't even be on Christmas morning, but we will have my moms coffee cake. 

So, as you get older, as things change, no matter how you may feel about that change remember that you can always capitalize on the things that offer stability. No matter what that may be. 

Okay thank you for coming to my ted talk enjoy this gif: