42

"What do you mean we can't enter? We came all this way!" Usopp reasoned. "We can't just turn back now!"

"Be that at it may, the Almighty God Enel has decreed that Blue Sea dwellers are no longer permitted to enter White White Sea. His word is law."

"God Enel?" Nami repeated. "Who's he? The ruler of Skypiea?"

"He is as He sounds," the old lady replied, still showing no trace of emotion. "God."

Most of the Strawhats blinked. God, as in the God?

"You mean God lives here!?" Chopper asked in shock.

"I guess that would kind of make sense, since this is Heaven, right?" Usopp mused.

"No, that makes no sense at all," Sanji grunted.

"Whether or not it makes sense, the fact remains that we're not allowed to enter. Seems problematic doesn't it?" Robin commented.

"Does it matter?" Luffy asked lazily. "We're pirates, so why should we obey the law?"

Nami slapped her forehead. "It's not that simple Luffy! We don't even know how to get there without help, so how can we-"

"No, he is correct," the old lady stated, causing the Strawhats to look at her in confusion. "While the word of God is law, I am neither a Priest nor an Enforcer. Therefore if you insist on entering, I will not stop you."

Usopp still looked confused, but slightly hopeful. "So...you'll show us the way then?" he asked.

"That is correct," she replied.

Luffy smiled as if it should have been obvious. "See? Simple."

Nami looked dismayed. Inwardly, she ranted. I should have known not to argue logic with a guy that defies logic in a place that defies logic!

Robin giggled. "Don't be too easily fooled. All this means is that we can enter, but we'll be labeled criminals and hunted down by whatever law enforcement is active here," she surmised.

"Correct," the old lady said once again, showing emotion for the first time. She almost looked impressed. "You may either turn back, or I can take you to Angel Beach and you will be treated as a criminal from then on. The choice is yours."

"Easy choice," Luffy said. "Take us there, granny!" The indignant protests from some of the other Strawhats were cut off by Zoro.

"What are you all complaining about? We need to get to Skypiea for the log to set, so it's not like we can just turn back now. It's like Luffy said, we're pirates. We're used to being criminals anyway."

Nami sighed. "Still, it would have been nice to avoid that just this once," she bemoaned.

"So then...how do we get up?" Sanji asked curiously. Suddenly, the Going Merry rocked as if hit by a large wave. The Strawhats looked overboard and saw what appeared to be a giant shrimp holding onto the ship. They barely had time to question this before the ship was propelled forcefully up the windy path of sea cloud.

Amazon smirked. "To the Almighty God Enel, and the Priests who serve Him, seven illegal entrants have trespassed into the White White Sea. They now await Heaven's Judgement."

Now then, the stage has been set. Enel's grip has weakened, and it will only take one more push for the sky to slip through his fingers. Will these Blue Sea dwellers bring his reign of tyranny to an end, or will they too fall victim to the Ordeals of Heaven?

When the Strawhats reached the light at the end of the clouded tunnel, they gasped in awe at the scenery. They had wondered what Sky Island would look like, but this put their imaginations to shame.