Chapter 1. Nevermore

A/N: heya, this is Caelan. This is like the second book i have ever wrote, so dont mind if its cringe lol. Idek how it got so much views, but.... I hope you enjoy <3

My mother always told me i was special. She would tell me i was extraordinary, had the abilaties to control fire. Little did she know my powers would lead to her and my fathers death.

My uncle Mark was driving me to never more, gotta admit, he seemed very keen on leaving me.

"Cant wait to get you the hell outta my house!" He says teasingly.

I was in a very bad mood so i did not respond, i just simply stared at him, and went back to scrolling through tiktok.

"Excited?" He asks. I look at him and plaster a fake smile upon my face.

"Yeah." I say. Me and my uncle always had an awkward relationship, we talked to each other very little.

"Mind turning the radio up a little?" I ask him, hearing my faveourite song start to play.

"Sure kid." He says and turns it up.

I listen to the lyrics understanding the meaning to it. How it sounds like a story.

The words were sad, but the song was good. I listened to it when i felt down, always made me feel better.

~Time skip~

We finnaly arrived at Nevermore, my uncle just said goodbye and left. I looked at the entrance and sighed.
What could possibly happen?

When i got inside i glanced at the map they gave my uncle. I looked for the directions to Principle Weems office.

When i get to her office i knock on the door.

"Come in." She says, i open the door.

"Good evening miss Weems" i say as politely as i can. She smiles at me.

"Hello y/n, im glad to have such a talented young lady join the school." She says. I smile shyly.

"Follow me, i shall lead you to your dormitory." She says, and so i follow her.

"Here we are." She says, i give her a warm smile and knock on the door.

"Come in." The girls voice says, i open the door once again.

"Hey, im your new roomie." I say giving a small smile.

A girl with short blonde hair smiles at me from her bed.

"Hey! Im Enid, you must be y/n? She asks. She reaches out a hand and i shake it.

" Omg! This place is perfect!" I say, she chuckles.

"So whats your outcast abilaty?" She asks, i sigh getting ready for a bunch of questions.

𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒓.

I hesitate for a second.

"I can shapeshift into a pheonix, and control fire." I try to say casually.

She looks at me her jaw dropped i flush a little.

"That. Is. Wow..." She says, still aghast.

i shrug. "Its not that cool." I say.

"It is that cool." She says in awe.

"What bout you?" I ask.

"Im a werewolf." She says shrugging.

"Cool." I reply

"Imma go to bed, been a long trip." I say with a yawn.

"Okay." She says and chuckles.

When im in bed i have a wierd dream.
I was running down an alley, away from somebody. But running from who? I take a sharp turn around a corner into another alley. But there the man is pointing his gun at me.
When he was about to shoot...
I WAKE UP

I scream.

𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈

"Y/n whats wrong?!" Enid says, flustered as she gets woken up.

"Bad dream..." I say, still panting and sweating.

"Okay, as long as your okay." She says, and rolls over falling asleep again.

This was only the beggining of my new life in Nevermore.