EIGHT

Clint had sent someone to get Nick and to let him know to meet us at the slammer, which was their form of jail cells. Well cell. There was only one made of stone and barred windows. Clint put Matt in that one and stayed with me outside of it. And of course Matt had a lot to say about that, complaining that he had to stay in the slammer, while I got to be out in the fresh air. A lot of bullcrap.

It took Nick less than ten minutes to get to us, he looked around and when his eyes landed on me, his face relaxed, and then he frowned when he saw my bloody face. "What the hell happened?" He turned to Clint.

"Same thing I said. It's one hell of a story. Who would you like to speak to first?"

"I would like to tell my story." Matt stood to the bars, holding them with both hands.

"You mean your lies?" I muttered.

"I am not lying. You're the liar."

I was about to retort abc but Nick stopped me. "Both of you, stop. I wanna speak with..is that Matt in there?"

"Yes, and I would like to be out of here please."

Nick turned to Clint and nodded. Clint unlocked the door and pulled Matt out. "Let's go to the gathering room."

"Are all the keepers going to be there?" I asked.

"No, just us. Clint, make sure Jane is okay while I speak with Matt."

"Of course." Clint nodded for me to get up and we walked to the Homestead. Clint and I separated from Nick and Matt on the third floor, going down the other end while they went left. We went into a different room, but it was a copy of the other med-room. My keeper didn't speak to me as he cleaned up my face and made sure nothing was broken. At least he didn't say anything about what just happened. "Well, it's gonna be a little swollen, but it's not broken. Also there is bruising on your neck and some blood vessels popped in your eyes. But nothing major."

I snorted, swallowing down a groan. My neck was starting to hurt. "You're right, it's nothing major."

He sighed. "I didn't mean it like that."

I nodded. "I know. I knew I should have left when he started talking to me."

"It's not your fault. He shouldn't have come near you."

I looked at him with wide eyes. "You believe me?"

"Of course I do. I don't believe you would try to get with him." He turned around and started to write something in his notebook. "Besides, I've seen your types."

I furrowed my brows. "What does that mean?"

The door opened and Nick came in, Matt behind him. Clint smirked and waved me off the bed. "Don't think much about it."

I got up and joined Nick at the door, who moved aside for Matt to step into the room. He still looked proud. I wanted to strangle him like he did me. "Come on Jane." We left the room and went down to the Gathering room. As soon as we were behind the closed door, Nick pulled me into a hug, stopping any words from leaving my mouth. "I'm glad you're okay."

"As okay as I can be." I hugged him back, not wanting to let go. Nick was warm and smelt good. But he pulled away. "What did he do to you?" I told him exactly what happened, from him entering the showers to Clint showing up. As I talked his face got darker and darker. When I was done, his jaw had worked so hard, I was surprised he still had teeth. "I shouldn't have let him leave this room alive."

"What are you going to do with him?"

"Kill him." I gave him a look that surprised him. "What, you don't want him dead?"