December 16th 🎄

"Hey man! Morning!" Harry's roommate asked him when he saw him having some cereal on the kitchen bar.

"Hey," Harry answered without looking up at him.

"Bad day?" Luke said.

"Bad year," Harry said.

"Oh, man! It's almost Christmas, aren't you excited?" He asked.

"Not really, the streets are covered in snow, the subway it's packed, and there are people everywhere. I hate people," Harry said.  "I lost my journal because of the people," he continued angrily.

"Oh I see... that's why you're in such a bad mood, aren't you?" Luke asked.

"Well, yes... I went to lost and found yesterday before coming home and nothing and I haven't had any gig man, I need to do something," Harry said.

"Erm, I'm sorry about your... loss?... I know how much that notebook meant to you," Luke said.

"It wasn't just a no... never mind," Harry said.

"Hey, listen, a couple of friends are having a band contest at their bar, and whoever wins will be hired to play there on weekends, it's good money and gives you exposure y'know?" Luke said.

"Oh, sounds good for you man, go for it," Harry said.

"Erm... I know you have a couple of good songs and your voice is good man. Would you sing with us?" Luke asked him cautiously, he knows Harry doesn't believe in boy bands.

"Dude... you know that I... don't do boy bands, I want to be a serious singer, not offense," Harry said putting his bowl on the sink and rolling his eyes.

"I... I know... not taken, but Nick is sick and he can't sing with us this weekend. We can... pay you if you sing with us. Erm... and besides we're thinking of changing the vibe a little bit, y'know like... having more rockstar vibes," Luke explained.

"Is this only a one-time thing?" Harry said.

"Erm... yes, one-time thing," Luke said.

"How much?" Harry asked considering the offer.

"80 bucks man, we are struggling too," Luke said.

"A hundred," Harry said.

"I don't know... would you sing one of your songs?" Luke said.

"Alright, but you'll have to give me my hundred bucks and if I have to be there more than an hour, my rate goes up to 150," Harry said.

"125 and we'll have you for one hour and a half, deal?" Luke said.

"Alright, 125 and drinks on you, just because I like you and you're a good roomie," Harry said smirking at him.

"Deal," Luke said grinning. "Yes!" He whispered as Harry left their apartment. They needed a good singer for the contest and Harry is one of the best that he knows.

Harry arrived at the gift shop a little happier than yesterday. He just got a gig and free drinks, so that money will help him with some bills.

"Hey, Ben!" Harry said to the security guard who nodded, smiling at him and entering the shop.

"How are you doing man?" His coworker said.

"Fine, Ed! I just get a gig for the weekend. It's not big yet but it's money that I'll save," he said.

"Good Harry! I'm happy for ya!" He said smiling. Ed was a good friend of Harry, he is a singer too but he wants to give concerts instead of performing in musicals like Harry's dream.

"Yeah, thanks man," Harry said.  He was still a little boomed because of his journal loss, but there was nothing he could do.
                      ***********

Zayn arrived at his office and place the journal and his travel cup on his desk.

He read it during his commute to work, he knew he shouldn't be reading such a personal thing but he was intrigued. What if the journal did belong to the gorgeous subway guy? That would be a nice twist of fate for him, which he believed in. If he found this journal it was because of a reason.

"Hey Malik, how you doing?" Mark, his coworker asked.

"Hey, good, and you?" Zayn said he was always so polite with this person. Mark was a little too immature and he was sure that he was working as a reporter because his father pull his strings to get the job, or that's what he'd heard. Mark writes the What has gAme now in the city? column and he was always talking about the latest Bulls game or some other games and sports that Zayn is not the least bit interested in.

"How was your personal day?" Mark asked.

"Good," Zayn said dryly.

"Did you get some, y'know? Huh?" Mark asked and Zayn ignored him.

"It's called personal for a reason Mark," Zayn said turning on his computer.

"You should get some dude, you need it," Mark said grabbing the journal and Zayn immediately took it out of his hands.

"Do you need something in particular this morning, Mark?" Zayn asked a little bit annoyed.

"Erm... not really, but..." Mark said.

"Zayn, would you come to my office please?" Tasha, their boss, said.  "And Mark, go back to work, please?" She continued.

Zayn put the journal inside his drawer safe from curious eyes and grabbed his notepad for the meeting with the editor-in-chief.

He likes working with her, is such an empowered person, straightforward that doesn't take shit from anyone and he digs that.

"Have a seat," she said and Zayn nodded.

"I know that you've been here for a while, isn't Zayn?" Tasha asked.

"Yes, ma'am. Almost a year," he explained.

"Alright, and do you like taking photos for the Leisure section with Tiffany? I mean, it's something that satisfies you?" She asked.

"Ye- yes. I like it, allows me to know people and new places in here," he said.

"Alright, I have a new assignment for you. As you know our magazine it's always looking for new places to show the locals and tourists. So, I want you to do an article on the nightlife in Boystown, erm, Northalsted. You know that was the historical hub of gay life in the city and continues to be. So it's a very important piece for the LGBT experience," Tasha said.

"Erm... an article?" Zayn asked surprised.

"Yes, can you do it? I need it for Monday before the last issue of the magazine goes out," she said looking at her computer.

"Sure... sure... I can," Zayn said nervously.

"Good, that's all," Tasha said. "And Zayn... don't disappoint, alright?" She continued and Zayn nodded.

He was beyond excited, this is so important for him, he's writing his first article.