December 17th 🎄

Harry miss writing down his thoughts and about his day on his journal, besides that he has very important things written on it.

"Damn it! my lyrics!" Harry remembered when he was thinking of a song for his next gig while he was getting ready that morning.  He stepped out his room.

"Man... remember that I told you that I lost my journal?" He asked approaching Luke, he was in the tiny living room watching TV.

"Yep... what about it? Did you find it?" He asked.

"No... some of my songs were there and...," Harry said looking down.

"Oh man, that's a shame. But I'm positive you can come up with something, I've already told the band that we are going to have an original song, not a cover," Luke said nonchalantly.

"But man... I..." Harry said to Luke that he wasn't interested in any of what he could say.

Harry went to work that day, he tried to remember a song and rewrite it, that song he thought was gonna be a hit in the contest. He put everything that he remembered on his notes app.

When he was walking towards the Christmas Market he came up with a melody for the song. He wasn't into composing music or songwriting but it was a good way to keep his memories and experiences.

He arrived at the booth that he was attending, a wood crafts store.

"Hey Glen, I'm home!" Harry said to the owner and smiled. She was his neighbor who had a wood workshop and with her husband, they do wooden figures and they sell them in some Christmas Markets this time of the year.

"Hey dear, just in time. I'm leaving now, I'm seeing Joseph at the opening of our second booth and I'm kinda late," she said smiling but in a rush.

"Go, go," Harry said.

"Don't forget to offer the hot wine please, it's over there," she said pointing to a big thermos flask.

"Sure, no problem," he said.
*************

"Come on Zayn, don't be a grandpa and come to skate with us," Caleb, Nathan's brother, said.

"Yes man, it's going to be so much fun, this is part of the Christmas things to do in here. According to the OnPoint! magazine," Jared, his other brother said and laughed. It's the magazine Zayn worked on and he was part of that article, well, he took the pictures.

"Yeah, or were you lying?" Nathan teased too.

"Alright, I'm just going to get some hot wine," Zayn said resigned.

They got to the park and it was bubbling, full of people, kids and families everywhere, and food. Lots of food too, Zayn was starving.

"I'm not skating, I'm going to get something to eat," Zayn said and looked for a table to sit at and wait for his friends.

"I'll be right there too," Jared said.

Zayn was nervous, he'd always had a little crush on him. He knows that was completely platonic since Jared is a straight guy, or so he remembered, but he couldn't forget every time he sees him that time when he kissed him at a party and said that Zayn was gorgeous.

"Hey, what did you order?" Jared said approaching Zayn and putting his hand on his small back making him shudder and feel more nervous. Jared knows the effect that he has on Zayn.

"Erm... a hotdog and hot wine," Zayn said trying not to sound nervous.

"Good, I like when you drink wine," Jared said winking at him. Zayn tried to ignore him. He knows that he's almost a professional flirt and he doesn't want to feel like a fool later.

"So... how was life doing Zayn? Do you like anyone?" Jared asked directly.

"Erm... No, no crushes," Zayn said clearing his throat, but suddenly he thought about the subway guy and how much he wanted to see him again. And how he secretly dreams to have a Hallmark movie moment with someone, especially during this time of the year. He loves Christmas cheesy movies.

"Oh I see, why is that? You're so handsome... you know what I mean," Jared said smirking at him.

No, he doesn't know what he meant by gorgeous or handsome. It was confusing for Zayn.

"Dunno," Zayn said shrugging and watching Caleb and Nathan skating and trying to stand on their feet.

"Erm... you should come to the bar sometime. It has... a very good vibe. And maybe I can show you the neighborhood or have a drink," Jared said looking intently at Zayn.

"Sure, erm... I have to go over there to make some coverage of the area, Y'know, LGBT+ wise, and write an article. My first article for the magazine, y'know?," Zayn said excitedly.

"Oh... I see. Sounds cool, yeah," Jared said.

"It is, means a lot, like professionally," Zayn said.

"Sure, erm... hey guys how was the ice rink?" Jared asked his brothers that were approaching them tired and all wet from a couple of falls that they had.

"Good, but I'm too old for this," Nathan said. "I'm starving, could you please order some wieners with fries for me? I'm gonna check some presents for my mom very quickly," he continued and they nodded.

"I'll go," Zayn said standing up from the little table and Caleb took his seat.

"What's up, man? Did you make a move?" He asked Jared and smiled.

"Shut up! I'm getting another beer," Jared said and stood up.

Harry was inside the booth trying to finish his song. "We're getting tipsy... no, that sounds stupid... we're getting... Mmh... we're getting dizzy...we're getting dizzy," he was singing and drumming with a pencil when a customer entered the little business.

"Hello, is anything you'd like to see?" Harry said politely as he always says when he greets someone who enters the store.

"Sure, how much is for this nutcracker? Is it handmade, isn't it?" Nathan asked grabbing a wooden piece.

"19.99 plus taxes and yes, it's handmade," Harry said and Nathan looked at him.

"Oh hi, dude! I'm here as you suggested. So, do you work here as well?" Nathan asked.

"Yes, y'know, part-time jobs," Harry said.

"I understand, well, let's give this little fella a home, yeah? I take it," Nathan said and Harry packed the wooden figure in a box with a bow.

"Here's some hot wine, on the house," Harry said giving him a plastic cup full of hot wine.

"Oh thanks, see you around," Nathan said and left the store. On his way to the table, he ran into Zayn who was grabbing his food.

"Thanks, dude, here's some this wine thing that you like to drink, I rather have a beer," Nathan said.

"Where did you get this?" Zayn said smiling and giving it a sip.

"From a guy over there, I bought this and he gave me this hot wine," Nathan said nonchalantly.

"Oh..." Zayn said as he turned around and watched the subway guy attending the booth and he smiled.