December 25th 🎄

It was afternoon already and Harry woke up alone in his room on Christmas day, with several lost calls from Zayn and lots of text messages.

The night before he went to a bar with Ed and almost drank his weight in alcohol. And of course, the aftermath was a terrible hangover.

He stared at his window and it was snowing, he groaned and hide his face under the pillow.

Then someone was at the door.

"Damn it! I swear to God if it's..." He groaned putting on some jogging pants and a hoodie to open it.

"What?!" He said.

"Oh, man! Sorry, you didn't pick up any of my calls, and last night you left the bar with a random guy...," Ed said relieved and a little embarrassed. "Oh shit! Are you alone?" he asked.

The night before Harry was flirting with some guy and he wanted to go home with him, but in the end, he decided against it and he left him hanging outside the bar.

"Sorry Ed, yes, I'm alone. Come inside. I... my phone was silent. Thanks for... worrying about me," Harry said looking down.

"Are you alright?" Ed asked looking at a wrecked Harry.

"Yes- yes, I mean, my head hurts like a bitch. Want some... erm... something to eat or drink?" Harry said going through his kitchen
drawers looking for painkillers and filling a glass with water.

"It's alright. Erm...this was at your door," Ed gave Harry a little package with no card, just Harry's name written on it.

"Thanks," he said grabbing it and putting it on the kitchen bar.

"So, are you gonna tell me what happened to you? You weren't yourself last night," Ed finally asked.

"No, I mean, it doesn't matter now. As I said, I broke up with Zayn and that's it," Harry said seriously.

"Okay... I'm just gonna say that there are always two sides to every story. You have to listen and then make a final decision," Ed said.

"Thanks, man," Harry said looking down.

"I'm leaving now, see you tomorrow?" Ed asked.

"Yep, see you tomorrow at work," Harry said.

"Happy Christmas," Ed said in his British accent and hugged him.

"Likewise," Harry said.

After his friend left he went back to
his room and saw his journal on the nightstand. Maybe he was being childish about what Zayn did, but what about Jared? he was more bothered by that than any other thing.

He opened the journal and saw his last entry, December 15th. That same day he saw another one on a new page in a beautiful penmanship.

"Hey, I don't know why I'm doing this, maybe I won't see you again, but God I hope to. If this is your journal, destiny has a very twisted way of work.

I've seen you a couple of times now, but today you looked at me. You seemed upset but I saw your eyes and they were beautiful, you have a gorgeous gorgeous green eyes y'know? Hope I'd get to see them again. :)" Harry smiled.

Zayn wrote his thoughts in his journal after he lost it, this was weird but he don't mind it at all. He thought that he was, indeed, listening to the other side of the story as his friend said.

Harry read about how Zayn dreamt about him that night, the day that he got his first assignment at work, and the last entry after they met at the bar.

"I saw you again last night and today. I can't believe I met you, we stared at each other while you were performing at the bar.
I swear that I couldn't take my eyes off of you, I could listen to your sexy voice forever. After that... the devil rolled the dice when you approached me, then when you put your hand in mine, or when you kissed me for the first time, wow, it was like I was in heaven, I'd do whatever you'd ask me to if you looked at me like you did last night.

It was you, something told me it was you, Harry Styles. What are the odds that in a city with millions of people I found this piece of you? And ran into you in a bar? That's fucking fate, if it's not, I don't think what it is. :) And now you just left my apartment and I think this can be something.

I haven't read much about you here but I don't want to know you through this journal anymore, I want to know the real you Harry Edward Styles. P.S. Bear with me cuz I need to figure out a way to give this back to you. Maybe... for Xmas if I get to see you again. :) -Z"

Harry was overwhelmed. He stood up for something to eat and saw the package he received. It just said HARRY with a black marker.

He opened it and it was a new journal, with a little lock and a tiny key.

"Zayn..." he said. At that moment he decided to call him. It was Christmas Day after all.

"Hello?" Zayn answered and it seemed that he was crying. He sniffed as he spoke.

"Hi... erm I received your gift, Merry Christmas," Harry said.

"Good, Merry Christmas Harry," Zayn said.

"Erm... and I read your entries though," Harry said.

"Oh... yeah, sorry. I used the last pages of it, so... that's why I..." Zayn explained.

"You gave me a new one... got it. And with a lock," Harry said chuckling a bit. "I'm sorry, Zayn..., I..." he continued.

"No, I'm sorry Harry. Erm, can I see you? I... just want to see you..." Zayn said.

"Okay," Harry said.

Silence.

"Wait a minute, someone is at the door," he said, when he opened it, it was Zayn.

"Wha-what?" Harry asked surprised.

"I've been downstairs, waiting for you to get out of your apartment. This time I was stalking you," Zayn said scratching his neck.

"Little freak," Harry said grinning.

They talked and made up after a while.

"No more hiding things from each other, I promise babe, I want us to be boyfriends as we agreed," Zayn said.

"No dates with Jared?" Harry asked.

"No, no dates with Jared, just with you, my jelly jelly boyfriend," Zayn said hugging him tightly. "I've told him that I have a relationship now and that I didn't want to go out with him," he continued.

"Okay, I like that," Harry said kissing him. "I missed you last night though," he confessed.

"Me too, babe, but we are together now," Zayn said.

"I'm happy we made up today. I wanted to spend Christmas with you," Harry said looking outside and it was snowing.

"Me too, babe, it's our..." Zayn said.

"First one together?" Harry asked.

"Yeah...," Zayn said smiling at him and kissing him.

They spend the rest of the day tangled up in bed and having the best makeup sex ever.

THE END.