Our Last Night

Storm

We won tonight and Fey had a sneaky little plan rolled up her sleeve that surprised me. She told me to wait in the locker room until everyone's gone and not shower yet. Then she walks in and locks the door, then strips down naked and we end up fucking in the showers. It's hands down some of the best sex I've ever had and the best surprise. We walk out afterwards to an empty arena, I hold her hand and walk her over to the ice.

"Come on Beauty" I open the door that leads onto the rink and talk her into coming onto it with me.

She holds onto my hand tight "Fine, but if I fall and die it's your fault" she says with a sarcastic grin.

We slide around the rink, hand in hand as she death grips my arms. She laughs, giggles and has the biggest and most beautiful smile across her face the whole time. I know we could probably get into trouble if someone comes in, but it would totally be worth it for this moment. I let her go and she uses the wall to help balance herself and I start spinning in circles. She watches with amusement dancing around in her baby blue eyes.

"You look like a sexy ballerina" she calls out as I hold my hands above my head and twirl on one foot.

I end up slipping and falling hard on my ass, she cracks up and comes over to check on me "You okay?" I nod and lay back on the ice.

"I'm good baby" I pull on top of me and she squeals.

She adjusts herself so she's straddling me "Round two?" she asks with a raised brow.

My dick instantly hardens "Fuck... you little tease" her expression shifts and she tilts her head back in a fit of laughter.

"One day we'll have to try" she says and looks around the empty arena.

"That would be a dream come true Beauty" she leans down and kisses me.

I sit up and she slides up, we both stand and continue sliding around the rink "It's peaceful out here and I can imagine it's a little different when there's a crowd"

I smile "It really is, the ice has always been my favorite place to quiet my mind. It's definitely different with a crowd but I love it either way"

We skate a few more laps and then take off for dinner. My stomach growls like a beast the entire drive to downtown. We decide on this small Italian joint near her apartment where we get a candle lit table in the back. It's our last night together for a week and I hate to even think about it. I've gotten so used to her being a part of my every day life so it'll be weird not having her around for a little bit. But I am looking forward to seeing my mom, sister and family.

I haven't been home since the beginning of summer so it'll be nice to get away from here for a little while. Some old friends that I grew up with will all be in town and I'm looking forward to catching up with them on life and school. I had a solid group of friends growing up it was me, Alden, Jamie and River. We had been best friends since elementary school days and have remained close even after graduating and going our separate ways for college.

Alden plays baseball for Arizona State, Jamie is playing football at USC and River is majoring in engineering a Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo. We have a group chat that we're constantly blowing up and we send updates on our lives and wins/loses after our games. Alden recently got engaged to his long term girlfriend, so I'm excited to meet her and celebrate with everyone.

The other three are still single as far as I know, Jamie was always the biggest playboy of the four of us. He always had a new girl under his arm and someone else as back up but River was a serial dater, always in a relationship or dating someone and I was a mix of all of them. I wasn't sleeping around too much but I also wasn't bouncing from one relationship to the next.

Fey and I share a delicious bottle of red wine and order their pasta specials. I ask her about some of her favorite holiday memories and she takes me down memory lane. I can imagine Fey when she was little so excited for Santa to come and Jack probably being the one to tell her that he's not real because he's an asshole like that. When she literally says this exact thing I bust out laughing and almost spit my wine out.

She stares at me like I'm crazy and then I tell her what I was thinking and she gets it. Apparently he ruined it for her when they were seven which seems about right. He also told their younger brother Greyson around the same time and he was only a few years younger than them. I share how I caught Santa kissing my mom early in the morning of Christmas and I freaked out, so my dad had to pull his beard off and show me that it was only him.

I didn't tell my sister, but one of her friends did when she was in fourth grade. I tell her about my favorite Christmas and Thanksgiving that were all when my dad was alive. I start to get the usual wave of sadness knowing this is another year without him.

She watches my expression change "Hey, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to upset you" she says and rests her hand on mine.

"You didn't upset me Beauty, it's just this time of the year is hard sometime. It makes me miss my dad"

"I bet he misses you guys too... he's probably looking down smiling at how proud he is of you and your sister babe" I lift her hand and kiss the top of it.

"Thanks baby, do you ever think about your real dad?" I ask since she doesn't talk about him much but she also didn't really know him.

"I wonder what he was like because my mom was so in love with him. I've seen pictures and he was super handsome and they tell me stories but it's hard since I never got to meet him"

"I bet he's smiling down at you too Beauty, it's hard not to when it comes to you" I watch as her cheeks flush.

Our food gets dropped off shortly after and we dive right in. Once we're finished, we share tiramisu and then head back to her apartment. I'm bringing her to the airport in the morning so we end up just laying in her bed the rest of the night watching The Office in her room. I look over at her suitcase by the door, all packed and ready and it brings that sad feeling back.

I look down as she lays on me wearing one of my sweatshirts that like everything else she has of mine, is like a dress on her. I love seeing her wearing my jackets and shirts, there's something so intimate and sexy about it. I've given her so many, because every year we get new gear for hockey so I currently have three years of shirts, hoodies and what not. Some of it still fits me but all of the clothing from freshman year doesn't since I've put on some more weight and muscle, so I've given all of it to her.

She falls asleep on me around ten and I take her phone out of her pocket and use her face to unlock it. I open her notes and decide to write her a letter she can look at when she misses me over the break. I type a whole page and then plug it in on her nightstand and let it charge. I turn the lamp off and adjust myself to get more comfy which causes her to latch onto me even tighter. I laugh and kiss the top of her head, loving that she enjoys holding onto me while she sleeps because some people want space when they seep but not her.

I continue watching the show until mid night and then turn it off. Her phone lights up and I see a message from Reid and as much as I want to read it, I don't. I think about the strange one I got a week ago that I forgot about until now. They haven't said anything since and she hasn't gotten any weird messages so I just hope it was a cruel joke. I pull my hoodie off and throw it at her desk chair since her body is like a million degrees right now.

I make sure both of our alarms are set on our phones and then I close my eyes. I breath in her sweet vanilla scent and pray that this break passes by fast so we can fall asleep like this again. I'm stoked to be able to tell my friends all about her, I know they won't believe me when I say I'm in a relationship so it'll be nice to show them pictures and shit of us.

I dream about the day my mom gets to meet her, which I hope happens soon. I know that she will love her just as much as I do.