Chapter 16

About two weeks of journeying and Cliffton and Moone were finally leaving the Fae Kingdom; it's reaches were far.

"Where do we go to plant the Faerie Seed?" Cliffton asked, looking up at the fae. She huffed. "Well, The King suggested we go by the Western Isle."

Cliffton thought and then nodded. It would be a long journey and it would require them to cross one of the longest bridges in history, but it would be the safest place for the tree. That is, if they survived the journey. They began their journey west.

Over the past two weeks, Cliffton had gotten used to travel and no longer flopped over fallen trees and large blockages. Now, he strode confidently, able to climb the obstacles effortlessly. Moone had been pleased-well, as close to pleased as she could get.

Moone didn't seem to want to be there; she was just doing her job, as she often said. She sighed and looked ahead. "We can stop by the elven village up ahead before we make our journey. We can tell them about what happened."

"The less people who know, the better." Cliffton worried.

"Well, I don't think you can keep up with an angry elf, but if you think of any better than then you can tell me." Moone sat back and the campfire roared to life.

Cliffton sighed and tucked himself into his sleeping pack and in the morning they set out again. Cliffton hunted for the two of them-it was one of the things he was good at-while Moone was more for direction and protection. Cliffton had asked her to teach him to fight with a sword, and her response had been a, "One day," And then walking off.

Cliffton walked a few steps behind Moone, he still wasn't completely as fast as her, but he could try his best. As they came up to the elven village, the trees parted and revealed several quaint little huts scattered around. Several of the elves turned to see them, their eyes a bright rainbow of colors. Suspicious flashed in their gazes.

"Hello," One of the elves, presumably the leader, stepped up. "What brings you here?"

As Moone explained their situation, Cliffton surveyed the elven village with awe. It was fairly simple and resembled his old village in many ways, making his heart ache. In that moment, he wanted home.

"It seems like you've been through quite the ordeal." The leader elf said. "Well, you are welcome here for now. I hope your journey is a success. My name is Sinni."

"I'm Cliffton." He introduced himself, smiling. "Your village is very nice."

"Thank you." Sinni grinned and led the two further into the village. Cliffton stared at all of the beautiful buildings and the elves around him relaxed as they spread the news. Sinni led Moone and Cliffton to a hut by the center of the village to stay in if they ever needed it.

Cliffton set his stuff down and flopped down on the cot, the mattress soft and springy beneath him. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh of relief; he couldn't wait to get a good night's sleep.

Not long after Sinni left, there was a knock on their door. Moone opened it, and there was an elf standing in the doorway. She had relatively long brown hair and pinkish-red eyes. She wore firestone armor that was a rose-gold color and smiled at them. "Hi! I'm Stevie! I heard you were on a journey?"

"We are." Moone nodded cautiously. Stevie shuffled nervously. "I, uh...I wanted to know if I could come. I'm not the oldest or the wisest elf, but I can swing a sword and take someone's head off with it if need be-I'm also pretty good with spells, though if what you say is true then that might not matter in a while."

Cliffton glanced at Moone. "I'm alright if you are. More protection is always great."

Moone sighed. "Very well, do what you please. But if you die, its entirely your fault."

"That's fair." Stevie shrugged.

"Let's get some rest and leave in the morning." Cliffton suggested. "We can get some water before we leave."

"Sounds like a solid plan." Moone said, stretching out on her cot. She settled with her arms crossed and her chin set over her forearms, staring at Stevie. "I'm Moone, that's Cliffton. He's a human, don't mind if he's slow."

Stevie barked a laugh and Cliffton glared at her. "I'll keep that in mind." The elf left not long after and Cliffton fell asleep.