Chapter 25

Saphaer narrowed his eyes as he stepped into the courtroom. Only Naireth was there, and he taped his foot impatiently. The dragon's gaze brightened when he saw the Fae King.

"Hello, Saphaer." Naireth hummed. "Take a seat."

"I'll stand." Saphaer didn't like being directly in front of Naireth, especially with the sheathed sword on his belt. Naireth huffed. "I suppose you want me to be straight to the point?"

"Give me what you've got." Saphaer sighed, he was tired after the previous events and he had a sneaking suspicion as to what that was, especially after Marce had warned him to be careful. The faun had been keeping an eye on Naireth for him and had seen him speaking to one of the Blighted; specifically, one that had been traveling with a group. He had come back alone and with scars.

"I heard that a certain group is going around trying to restore the Faerie Tree." Naireth's voice was a low hiss and he narrowed his eyes at Saphaer.

"I gave it to a friend and told him to do what he wanted with it." Saphaer said simply.

"I've worked with fae before." Naireth growled, "I know damn well what you did."

Saphaer shrugged and leaned against the chair.

"You knew what this meant." Naireth growled. "And yet you don't have the grace to admit it."

"Do what you want with me, Naireth, the damage is done." Saphaer sighed. "I'm too tired to argue with you."

Naireth scowled. "I'd suggest you stay in your quarters for now. I know exactly what to do with you." His voice was infused with so much content that Saphaer almost winced but all he did was excuse himself and walk off to his room.

He closed the doors behind him and then, only then did he let himself break down.