𝗖𝗵-𝟭𝟬: 𝗠𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗣𝘁𝟮 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝘁𝗲

Previously...

As the two walked out of the barn and towards the house, Kara turned to Braedey. "Thanks for this, Braedey, but you really didn't have to escort me home."

"I know I didn't have to." Braedey replied. "But I wanted to." Kara smiled, and the two spent a few moments walking in silence, before Braedey spoke up again. "Kara, do you remember when I said that if I had a problem, no matter how small, I could come to you?"

"Yeah?" Kara nodded.

"Well, you know that that's a two-way street." Braedey answered.

"What do you mean?" Kara questioned.

"Well, if you have anything that you want to talk about, I'll be there for you." Braedey said it in all seriousness, but he had a slight blush.

"Thanks, Braedey." Kara smiled.

"No problem." As they reached the house, Braedey stopped. "Say, Kara..."

"Yeah?"

"Are you..." Braedey swallowed nervously. He'd fought warlords, criminals and psychopaths; why did this even make him so nervous? "Are you doing anything this Saturday?"

Kara's eyes went wide. 'Is he going to...?' "Uh, no." She said, cursing herself for her sudden nervousness. "I'm free this Saturday, why?"

"Well, I was hoping you'd like to see a movie that came out, plus there's this restaurant that opened up near the theater that looks good. Do you want to go?" Braedey mentally applauded himself for managing to look Kara in the eye while asking.

'Oh my god.' Kara thought. 'He's asking me out! I can't believe it! Yes! Wahoo!'

"Uh, Kara?" Braedey asked. "You okay there?"

Embarrassed, Kara realised that she'd been staring at Braedey for several moments, not moving. "Um, yeah! I'd love to!" Kara couldn't keep the smile, nor the blush, from appearing on her face.

"Great! See you Saturday!" With an equally strong smile and blush on his face, Braedey turned to leave. Kara also began to head to the house, when she heard Braedey's voice. "Oh! I almost forgot!"

Kara turned to see Braedey heading towards her. Before she could ask what was doing, he had pressed his lips against her cheek. The kiss only lasted for a moment, before Braedey backed up, turned into TurboRacer, drove down the road in muscle car mode, then flew off in jet mode.

Kara stood on the porch for a minute, stunned, before pumping a fist and spinning around. "Yahoo!"

~*~*~
Smallville, Kansas

Kara could now barely contain her excitement as she rushed to her room; Braedey had just asked her out! She couldn't believe it; after telling herself that she had to wait for Braedey to really heal before she could even begin to hope, he'd not only asked her out, but he'd kissed her!

Once she was in her room, Kara grabbed her cell phone and dialled a number; after a few rings, Barbara picked up.

"Hey Kara, what's up?" Barbara's voice answered.

"You are not gonna believe what just happened, Babs." Kara began to say.

"I fight an evil clown, Kara; there isn't a whole lot that I can't believe." Barbara sighed.

Kara took a deep breath. "Braedey asked me out."

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat that? It sounded like you said that Braedey asked you out." Barbara said.