𝗖𝗵-𝟭𝟴: 𝗗𝗼𝗼𝗺𝘀𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗦𝗮𝗻𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

The Watchtower

While everyone in the League knew that Braedey and Kara were dating, only a select few in or out of the League knew that they were now living together. That small circle included the founding members, Green Arrow and Black Canary, whom Green Arrow had finally started a relationship with, and the Kent family. Most of the people in that group were actually very happy for the couple; the only ones who didn't say anything were the Martian and Batman.

When Kara had broken the news to Clark, Braedey had, at first, been afraid that he would burst a blood vessel, fry him with heat-vision, or maybe do both. Instead, he wrapped him in a bear-hug, and he gave them his blessing.

Afterwards, the founding members had given Braedey a promotion of sorts. He was given the status of "senior member", with only a founding member having more authority. His new position meant that if one of the seven founders were killed, he would take their place. He was also allowed to attend and voice his opinion on meetings with League leaders. If all the founding members were unavailable, Braedey was to take operational command until a new group of leadership was formed.

Two months had passed since the two heroes moved in together, and one month after Kara's 19th birthday, they had been planning on celebrating their first year together as a couple, when they received an emergency summons to the Watchtower; the life of a superhero was full of sacrifices, it seemed.

Most of the League were on the island of San Baquero, helping to evacuate the populace from an erupting volcano; due to the electromagnetic energy being cast off from the eruption and the billowing ash cloud, communications were spotty, at best, and the teleporters couldn't get a lock anywhere near the island.

Thankfully, Braedey had a solution, at least for the first problem; the communicator in his Transformatrix didn't rely on the League's communication technology, and was unaffected by the volcano's interference thanks to its alien design. The other members of the League could use the Transformatrix to bounce their signals to each other. Still, in order to be used as a relay effectively for the others, Braedey had to remain on the Watchtower. Wonder Woman pointed out that one more hero on the ground wouldn't be as useful as someone who could help everyone at once.

His inability to help, however, did allow braedey to attend an important meeting. Earlier today, Batman had met with the leader of Project Cadmus, Amanda Waller, and now had important information to share.

"How long is this going to take?" Flash asked once all 8 of them had been assembled. "I thought we had an island to evacuate?"

"The first teams are already down there." Wonder Woman answered. "And we'll join them as soon as we're done here." She turned to Batman. "What did you learn?"

"Project Cadmus is in the business of developing weapons." Batman said without preamble. "Specifically to fight us."

"I could've told you that after the incident with Supergirl'a clone." Braedey said, the other Leaguers lookimt at him. "Who else would have done it? I mean, they were capable of creating the Ultimen, why not a Kryptonian clone?"

J'onn nodded. "They're worried we've grown too powerful, and they want to even the odds."

Batman went on to tell them about how Cadmus had made simulations about what would happen if the Justice League ever went rogue, and how just the original 7 would have been able to conquer the world in just a few weeks. Their evil counterparts, the Justice Lords, had done just that in their own parallel timeline.

"That's crazy! We'd never try to take over like that!" Flash said.

"If the Justice Lords did, why couldn't we?" Batman countered. "We have more than eight times the numbers as them; we could take over the world in a weekend."