𝗖𝗵-𝟮𝟬: 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵

Metropolis

The citizens of Metropolis did not normally fear for their lives, at least, not from things like supervillains, or falling airplanes. Superman was always there for them, and the people of Metropolis were his strongest supporters. The same support could not be said for the other heroes of the Justice League, which was why mobs of civilians fled in terror from the current brawl occurring downtown.

The supervillain Parasite, a mutated human who is purple with white stripes on his body, had escaped from prison, and is currently fighting several members of the League: Elongating Man, who could stretch his body into any shape, Metamorpho, who could turn his body into any kind of chemical reaction, Batman and Bumblebee.

Elongating Man was currently unconscious; Parasite's power allowed him to absorb the energy out of people and, in the case of metahumans, their powers with just a touch. He could even use those powers just as well as the original wielders; it reminded Bumblebee of Rex, except that Parasite could do that without going insane.

Metamorpho tried to hit Parasite with a wave of acid, but the villain used his new rubber body to slither out of the way like a snake. Bumblebee managed to contain him with a wall of Energon fire, but couldn't risk getting close; the possibility of Parasite absorbing all of the powers of his aliens was too great a risk. Before Bumblebee could get another shot off, Parasite turned his lower body into a spring and launched himself over the flames, tackling Metamorpho as he did so. With a scream of pain, Metamorpho felt his powers being taken away, before he fell into unconsciousness.

Batman threw an explosive batarang at Parasite, but he merely turned his entire body into a gas, emerging unscathed. With Metamorpho's power, there wasn't much that either Batman or Bumblebee could do; Metamorpho could respond to new situations just as fast as Braedey could.

"J'onn, we're in trouble!" Batman said into his communicator.

"Are you asking for help?" The Martian's response was incredulous.

"Yes, we both are!" Bumblebee yelled.

"Neither of you ever ask for help."

"Just get us some reinforcements!" Batman barked as he and Bumblebee dodged a stream of acid.

~*~*~

In the skies over Metropolis, a passenger plane was going down; its wing had caught fire due to engine trouble, and it was headed straight for the city. As its wing sheared off, the passengers began to pray; one little girl, however, looked out the window next to her seat to see the prayers answered. Superman was coming to save them!

The Man of Steel used his super-breath to put out the fire, then flew underneath the plane to guide it to the airport

The Man of Steel used his super-breath to put out the fire, then flew underneath the plane to guide it to the airport. As he did so, he heard his communicator chime.