𝗖𝗵-𝟮𝟳: 𝗖𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 - 𝗔𝗻 𝗘𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗔 𝗕𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

Coolsville

The Justice League, the Ultimen and even Professor TimeLine looked down in horror at the sight of Braedey Martin's mangled and damaged body. It looked less like an injured human and more like a piece of meat that had shredded clothes put on it. Unicron had been more than thorough in his attack.

Batman rushed forward into action, quickly taking out a medkit from his utility belt, doing his best to keep Braedey alive. Superman, on the other hand, flew forward, with Wonder Woman and Shayera both right behind him.

The Man of Steel immediately collided with Unicron fists-first, sending him flying back into the sphere he had arrived in; before the heroes could follow up on Superman's attack, Unicron presses a button on his wrist, which causes the sphere to close up, shimmer, then disappear. Superman angrily punches a hole in a building, upset with himself for letting Unicron get away.

"Superman, we don't have time to chase after Unicron! Get back here!" Batman called, and he was right, Superman realized, vengeance could come later; Braedey was more important.

...

For Supergirl, everything had become a blur; the man she loved was near death, and there wasn't a single thing she could do to help

For Supergirl, everything had become a blur; the man she loved was near death, and there wasn't a single thing she could do to help. She felt herself getting led somewhere, but didn't resist. All she could do was stare at Braedey.

Then everything became but a blur again, and the next thing she knew, she was back at Autobot HQ, sitting at a table; she saw the Justice League talking in hushed tones to the Autobots and Decepticons, while the Ultimen were talking amongst themselves. She looked around, but didn't see the one person she sought.

"Where's Braedey?" Kara finally asked.

Absently, she noted that the other Leaguers looked as upset, probably as much as she felt. After all, Braedey was seen as something of a younger brother to the senior members; it was only natural for them to be upset when anyone was hurt, but it was worse when it was family.

Wonder Woman walked up to Supergirl and sat next to her. "Kara..."

Supergirl's mind was awhirl with possibilities about Braedey's condition, but none of them were good. The look on Diana's face confirmed it.

"How... how bad is it?" Kara didn't want to ask, but she had to know how Braedey was, even if it was bad.

Diana closed her eyes for a moment. "He's in critical condition; the doctors are doing everything they can, but... it's bad, Kara."

That did it. Kara couldn't take it anymore and broke down in tears; Diana wrapped the younger woman in a hug, determined to let her release all of her grief. Superman and Batman watched the Amazon comfort the Kryptonian; Superman looked haunted, and he suspected that Batman felt the same, even though he didn't show it.