𝗖𝗵-𝟭𝟮: 𝗠𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗣𝘁𝟯 - 𝗙𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗿 𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲𝘀

"Happy Birthday, Braedey!"

Braedey smiled at the friends who'd decided to stop by his house and throw him an impromptu birthday celebration. Diana, Wally, Clark, John, and of course, Kara have all come to see him.

"Thanks, guys; it means a lot to me that you're here." Braedey struggled to keep tears from falling.

"Hey, no problem." Wally West said as he threw an arm over Braedey's shoulder in a comradely fashion. "After all, you only turn nineteen once."

Braedey was going to reply, but Kara walked up and kissed him, causing his mind to draw a blank. Wally only smirked.

The heroes had been hanging out for some time, when they received a call from the Watchtower, which was answered by Clark. "Is it a world-saving crisis, Batman?"

"It might be." The Dark Knight's voice replied. "At any rate, Dr. Fate asked me to contact you."

The others tensed up: it had only been a couple of weeks ever since the Amazo incident, and Fate had been the android's supervisor. If Fate was calling them...

"Did Amazo decide to destroy the world or something?" Braedey asked. It might have been his birthday, but if he was needed, he'd be there.

"Fate said that something has come to Earth from another universe." Batman replied. "That sound familiar?"

Everyone present froze; the other heroes all looked a Braedey, who had a thoughtful expression on his face.

"Batman, did Fate say if this person or object was from my universe specifically?" Braedey asked in concern.

"He didn't, but he said that he could show us an image of what appeared, and that he wanted the opinion of someone who's been to other universes." Batman answered.

Braedey looked at his friends, who nodded at him, as if to tell him that they would support him if he needed the backup. He returned the gesture. "Okay. I can get brought up now; everyone else needs to get sent to their rooms to get into costume."

As Braedey started to move to another room to grab his jacket, he felt a hand on his shoulder; he turned to see Kara with a sad expression. "Sorry something like this had to happen on your birthday, Braedey." She apologised.

Braedey shrugged. "It's no big deal, Kara; I'm so used to something freaky happening to me, I'm almost disappointed when it doesn't happen."

A sly smile appeared on Kara's face. "What about when it's just us?"

A similar smile appeared on Braedey. "You are the definite exception; I'm never disappointed when it's just us."

Blushing, but still keeping the smile, Kara gave Braedey a quick kiss before he was teleported away.

~*~*~
Watchtower

~*~*~Watchtower