The locker

Context: they're frenemies but also crushing on each other
Eteleds pov

I saw lots of chairs, most in which had been damaged beyond repair. I walked into small room and saw more chairs and tables flipped over and scratched.

I could see shadows moving in the corner of my eyes, but when I turned to look at them, they disappeared.

I kept walking and made a turn into a thinner hallway. This hallway had huge faint green lockers, surprisingly in tact.

I stayed to the side with the lockers, inspecting each one.
"Is anyone there?" I called out, stopping.

Suddenly, I felt an arm wrap around my stomach and yank me into one of the lockers.I was going to yell but fear took the words from my mouth. I was pulled inside and I heard the locker door slam behind me.

I looked up and saw a tall figure. My eyes took a second to adjust, but once they did, I could see who it was. It was..
Austin?!

"Shh~" He hushed quietly, still wrapping his hand around my waist. I noticed he didn't have his armour on, but I decided not to question it.
I could feel his cold hands through my sweater, it sent shivers down my spine.
But.. His voice. It felt so.. soft, it made me feel safe.

I zoned out for a few seconds until I heard a loud slam from somewhere behind me, causing me to jump. Austin let go and I turned around to see out the gaps in the door.

I saw a creature. It had a disfigured humanlike body with no head and its neck was oozing with black liquid. It was bleeding from everywhere. Its knees and elbows were bent backwards and it smelled of rotting flesh.

I moved backward, holding my nose. I accidentally bumped into Austin, making me jump again. I almost tripped over until I felt his arms wrap around my waist and pull me in close.

I froze.
I didn't know what to do.
Do I say something?
Do I keep quiet?
Do I run away?

I was both terrified and flustered at the same time. Two emotions I didn't think I'd ever feel at the same time.

I felt him wrap his arms around me tightly.
I could feel him shaking a little.
But there was nothing I could do.
I wanted it to just leave.

Eventually it left, leaving a trail of blood behind. We both sighed in relief.
I looked out the gaps to see if the coast was clear. When I saw it was, I quietly opened the door, getting out. I was soon followed by Austin.

I started to walk down the hallway with him, nervously looking around every few moments. Eventually we got to the end of the hallway, opening into a large dark room, seemingly untouched.

Was this a ballroom?