Memories we wish we could forget.

Context: they're dating
TW: mentions of suicide (specifically overdose), trauma, ext.

(This is literally just me venting so it's probably really ooc lol) (more then usual anyways)

Austin's Pov

It was an average day in the Wii. Conversations in the mii channel, playing Wii sports, chat with Sam, nothing out of the ordinary.

Except Eteled. Something seemed.. off about him. He seemed more spaced out and quiet than usual. He'd been like this before, but not as badly.

He had barely said a word all day, and he seemed zoned out almost all the time. Like when we were playing Wii sports, I won nearly every round.

Usually it would get quite close near the end, sometimes being tied. But it was clear from the beginning I was easily winning.

I tried to ask what's wrong a couple times but he just seemed to brush it off as being tired. But this isn't what he's like when he's tired.

When he's tired, he just lies down all day, listening to me go on for hours. But at least then he can hold up a conversation. No, this was different. Something was wrong. Very wrong.

"Eteled." I suddenly called out. He was lying down on the cold tiles of the mii channel, resting his head in his arms.

He glanced towards me with dull eyes, lifting his head up slightly.

"What's going on? You acting off." I asked, giving him a look of genuine concern.

"I told you. I'm just tired." He shoved his head back into his arms.

"Eteled, dear. I know what you're like when you're tired, and this is not it. You can tell me anything. I'm here to listen." I reached a hand over to him, gently placing it on his shoulder.

He immediately tensed, keeping his whole body rigid. I took my hand back, seeing him slump further into the ground.

"Eteled please. I don't want you to be sad. I-"
"I am not sad, Austin. I am angry. And upset. And full of fucking regret." He interrupted blatantly.

"Regret? About what?" I knew it wouldn't be about "the server room incident" (-as we prefer to call it-), as we'd forgiven each other for everything about half a decade ago.

He stayed silent, responding only by turning his whole body away from me.
"Eteled what happened?" No response.

"Et, please. I want to help you. But I can't do that if you don't at least try to tell me what's going on." Silence..

"I was only a child.." His voice was so quiet, I could've heard a pin drop over his voice.

"What happened? Did someone hurt you?" Another pause.

"I felt so trapped. I didn't know what to do.." It seemed more like he more so mumbling to himself then talking to me, but I let him continue.

Eteleds pov

"I was so fucking tired of everything." I noticed my voice had began to tremble, but I continued anyways.

"I opened my drawer, I- I saw the pills. They were calling to me." My body began to shake slightly.

"I-I grabbed them. I took them all. My mom walked in a-and.. she p-panicked. I felt s-so dizzy. So numb.." My breathing was wavering a lot, gradually picking up speed.

"She drove me to the hospital. I-I was scared. I'd realised what I'd done. I was t-taken to the E.R. I lied in that bed for hours." My heart was beating out of my chest. I couldn't even hear my own voice anymore.