Y/n's gender dysphoria comfort.

(This is mainly for FtM or MtF people, but if ur somewhere else on the spectrum, you can still read it u just need to use ur imagination for dialogue in some parts.)

Context: Austin and Eteled are alright with each other. Eteleds friends with Y/n, Austin dislikes Y/n but not that much.
(Y/n's a mii btw.)

3rd person.

Y/n was sat on one of the uncomfortable hospital beds in the Wii's hallway. They had their head dug deep into their knees, sobbing silently.

The deep green blanket was wrapped softly around their entire body, barely even having their face out of it.

Meanwhile, Austin had walked out of the electric chair room, walking down the hall to go see (-and piss off-) Eteled, and maybe Y/n.

It was about a 5 minute walk, giving him plenty of time to look around the halls he had practically lived in for the last 16 years.

He knew he could just teleport but occasionally he liked to take a short walk.

About halfway down, he began to hear quiet crying coming from one of the beds. He looks down the hall to see Y/n wrapped up in a hospital blanket, crying.

Empathy and curiosity got the better of him and he slowly walked up to them.

"Y/n?" He called out. Y/n's head shot up, quickly looking away, fully smothering their head in the blanket.

Austin sighed, sitting down beside the crying mii.
"𝚆-𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝?.." Y/n questioned shakily.
"I wanna know what's wrong." He answered calmly. Y/n huffed in response.

"𝙽-𝚗𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜." Their voice was muffled by the course fabric encasing them.
"True. But I feel inclined to do something." He replied.

"𝚆𝚑𝚢? 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚎." They remarked.
"Sure, you can be annoying sometimes, but that doesn't mean I inherently don't like you." He explained. "But in all seriousness. What's up?"

Y/n sighed deeply. "𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚍?"
Austin cocked an eyebrow. Why would he be mad? Had Y/n done something bad?
"I promise."

Y/n slowly lifted the blanket off of their head, still not daring to make eye contact. They sighed again, digging their nails into the sheets.

"𝙸.. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚜."

There was a
Very
Long
Pause.

"You're.. trans?" He mumbled, slightly taken aback.

Y/n's pov

I felt my heart race as panic set in.

"𝙸.. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢..!" I felt tears burn at my eyes as I pulled the covers back over myself.

"No no no! It's okay!" He assured. "So, you're upset about.. gender dysphoria?"
"𝚈-𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚑." I responded, face barely popping outside the blanket.

"Which way round?" He asked.
"(𝙼𝚊𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚎/𝚏𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚎)." I answered.

"𝚆-𝚠𝚑𝚢.. 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜.?" I questioned sceptically.
"Well it would be strange if I weren't, considering I'm trans myself." He stated, chuckling softly.

"𝚆𝚊𝚒𝚝, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚘?" I was taken aback. He's trans too?
"Mhm. Female to male. Although let's keep that between you and me, Hm?" He smiled. I nodded in agreement, still coming down from the surprise.

"But I get it. Gender dysphoria's a bitch. It makes you wanna rip your skin off and rearrange it until it fits how you feel. It fucking sucks." He relayed.

"But it lies. It tells you that you're not (masculine/feminine/androgynous) enough. But you are. And that tiny little bastard voice is nothing more then that. A voice. And you shouldn't let it dictate you." He continued.

"If you wanna wear dresses or skirts, you're still a (boy/girl/enby). If you wanna wear baggy pants and hoodies, you're still a (boy/girl/enby). The way you act or dress doesn't determine your gender. And you shouldn't let that little bitch tell you otherwise." He laughed softly at the end of his speech, looking towards me.

I felt two small tears roll down my face, and before I realised what I was doing, I practically pounced on him, hugging him tightly as tears rolled gracefully down my cheeks.

I sobbed quietly into his shoulder, squeezing my arms around him.
"Shhh. It's okay. It's going to be alright." He reassured. "Let it out. It's okay. I'm here."

I continued to cry for a little while, letting out all of my pent up emotions. I eventually went quiet, feeling my eyes get dry from the lack of tears. I continued to stay there, in that tight hug. It was comforting.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw feet approaching.

"Uhm.. Is the kid alright?" Eteled asked Austin.
"Yeah. They were just feeling a bit upset. I figured I would try and help." He said, petting my head lightly.

"That seems out of character. I thought you didn't like them?" He commented.
"𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐." I added weakly.
"I don't hate them? Why does everyone seem to think that??" He cried.

"Because usually you get all stern and weird around them." Eteled answered, sitting on the bed beside us.

"That's because I barely know them??" He bemoaned. I giggled softly, pulling away from the tight embrace.

"𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗, 𝚍𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚜." I joked.
"I'll put it on my to-do list, wanker." He retaliated. We both laughed a little, obliterating any tension that may have been there before.

"You two are so stupid." Eteled almost literally facepalmed.
"𝙾𝚑, 𝚠𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠." We smiled.

I FINISHED THIS ALL IN ONE SITTING (2 hours) LETS GOOOOO

I was listening (and crying) to "Why am I like this?" By Orla Gartland (yk the Heartstopper one) and this came to mind. Is it a vent? Partly.