Chapter 2: It's all about numbers

TRIGGER WARNING: Eating disorder, abuse, self-harm

School finally started, i missed Yukov.

Yuri: Hey Yukov over here!
Yukov: Hey! How was your summer?
Yuri: It was fine, pretty boring without you though. You wanna do something after school?
Yukov: Yeah sure, what about watching a movie and buying a bunch of sweets?

My stomach dropped. I cant eat sweets! I'm already fat enough and my ballet teacher is gonna go nuts, he thought.

Yuri: Sorry i forgot, i have something important to do after school and i don't have time today.. Oh my class starts soon i have to go bye!

Yukov didn't even have time to respond. But we're in the same class, he thought.

I was sitting in the class already when Yukov walked in. Oh god ofc we're in the same class! I'm so fucking stupid! I thought.

Yukov sat next to Yuri and both of them were quiet for the entire lesson. When the lesson ended, Yuri ran really fast out of the classroom. He locked himself in the bathroom and started sobbing. Of course Yukov noticed that everything isn't right, and he started looking for Yuri.
He looked for him a while, until he went to the bathroom and heard Yuri crying in one of the stalls. Yukov sighed. It's only the first day of school and this already happened, he thought.

Yukov: Yuri! I know you're there, can you please come out and tell me what's wrong. Please?

*No answer*

Yukov: Yuri please, you know you can tell me anything.

*Still no answer*

Fucking hell, Yukov thought. I guess i have to wait outside the bathroom. I wish he would come out of there soon enough, because the next lesson will start in 10 minutes, he thought.

*5 minutes passed*

I came out of the bathroom, eyes swollen from crying, looking surprised that Yukov is still standing there.

Yukov: Are you okay? What happened?
Yuri: None of your business.

I started walking to the next class. Yukov ran after him.

Yukov: You have to tell me what's wrong, you look like crap.
Yuri: Don't you fucking understand? It's none of your fucking business!

Yukov was quiet for the rest of the day. When the school ended, i ran home instead of catching the bus. When i came home, his parents were waiting on the dinner table.

Yuri: What's wrong now? Sorry that i came home and ruined your lives.
Them: Your ballet starts tomorrow. You better get yourself back to shape. You better become professional, it's the only reason why we still let you live here.
Yuri: Yeah right.

I walked into my room and looked at myself on the mirror. How did i gain so much weight? I thought. I walked into the bathroom and weighed myself, "168 pounds". Fucking hell, i really have have to start working out more, i thought.