Chapter 4: Hospitalized

TRIGGER WARNING: Eating disorder, abuse, self-harm

The machines beep around me, i woke up. When i opened my eyes i saw Yukov, Lev and Katya. I totally ruined the sleepover.. I have a feeding tube, fuck i thought.

Yukov: Yuri! You're awake! Are you okay?
Lev: We were so worried..
Katya: It all happened to fast.
Yuri: I'm fine.

I fell asleep. Katya and Lev left. Yukov wouldn't leave my side. After a couple of hours i woke up again, a nurse was putting something that will feed me through the tube.

Yukov: Why did you let it go that far?
Yuri: I have to get skinny to the nutcracker.
Yukov: I'm not sure can you perform anymore though.. You weigh 92 pounds, its dangerous for you. It makes your BMI 12,8.
Yuri: I don't need food, i need to get skinnier.
Yukov: You're literally gonna die if you continue.
Yuri: I'd rather die than look the way i do.
Yukov: You're not gonna die. If you pull the tube out, the nurses will put it back in.
Yuri: Fuck you.
Yukov: Your parents are gonna visit here soon so i will give you some alone time. See you soon.

A couple of hours pass and Yuri's parents have arrived to the hospital.

Mom: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? THIS ISN'T WHAT I MEANT BY GETTING BACK IN SHAPE! I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T GET TO PERFORM I'M GONNA KICK YOU OUT!
Dad: Be aware that i will use the belt.

I stayed quiet and my parents left. I dont know what to do. I'm going to die when i go home.. Yukov came back.

Yukov: What did your parents say?
Yuri: They hate me and i hate myself. If i don't get to perform, my parents are going to kick me out.
Yukov: If they kick you out come live with me.
Yuri: You're so lucky that ur parents gave you your own apartment..
Yukov: My own apartment so i could save you from your parents. You just have to get better and come live with me. I have to go home now, there's a mess in the bathroom and i have school tomorrow. I'm gonna visit you right after school. Good night.
Yuri: Good night..

Yakov left and Yuri started scrolling on his phone. I need to start losing weight right after i get out of here. Yuri fell asleep.

*Morning*

A nurse woke me up to get my bloodwork done and put the calorie liquid to make me fat again.

Nurse: You lost about 70 pounds in 3 months, that's really dangerous. You have to stop training for the next 2-3 months.
Yuri: BUT THAT MEANS THAT I CAN'T PERFORM?!
Nurse: Unfortunately yes.
Yuri: Go away please.

The nurse went away. I should pull out the tube and run away. I have to run away. I have to get to perform it's soon December!!
I got up from the bed and i immediately fell and passed out. I soon woke up with 3 nurses around me putting me on the rest bandages.

Yuri: WHAT THE FUCK?! I'M NOT CRAZY?
Nurse: We have to do this that you can't hurt yourself anymore?
Yuri: What about my rights? I can't even move, what if i have to use the bathroom?
Nurse: We will put this button next to your hand so you can press it if you need something.

I fell asleep again. I'm not sure how long i slept but i woke up when Yukov was tapping me on my shoulder.

Yukov: What the heck happened when i was away?
Yuri: Apparently i'm crazy.
Yukov: You're not crazy believe me.

Yukov brushes Yuri's hair.

Yuri: Stop please.
Yukov: Do you wan't me to get something for you to drink or eat?
Yuri: Fuck no.

Nurse came into the room to check how i'm doing.

Yuri: When can i go home?
Nurse: I'm afraid that you're gonna be admitted to an mental hospital.
Yuri: WHAT THE HELL?