Chapter 10 - The Last Jedi

"Could I do it? Of course, I could do it. But I can't do it. I'm a little tied down right now." Maz says. They watch the hologram as she fires her blaster.

"Aunt Maz? What's going on?" Pandora asks.

"Union dispute. You do not want to hear about it. Are you sure your mother can't help?" She replies.

"She's retired, but if you really need the help, I'm sure she'll be able to." She answers. Maz grunts as a blaster bolt hits the spot next to her. She ducks down.

"I'll be fine. Lucky for you, there's exactly one guy I trust who can crack that kind of security." She says. They watch as she moves, dodging blaster fire until she reaches new cover. "He's a master codebreaker, an ace pilot, a poet with a blaster."

"Oh, my. It sounds like this codebreaker fellow can do everything." 3PO says as they watch Maz take out one of her enemies.

"Oh, yes, he can." She replies, a dreamy look on her face.

"Aunt Maz!" Pandora gasps, making her chuckle. 

"You'll find him with a red plom bloom on his lapel rolling at a high stakes table in the casino on Canto Bight." She explains.

"Canto Bight? No, no. That's...Maz, is there any way that we can take care of this ourselves?" Poe asks.

"Sorry, kiddo. This is rarefied cracking. You wanna get on that Destroyer, I only know one option. Find the Master Codebreaker." She replies.

"Be careful, Aunt Maz." Rhys says.

"I always am." She tells him, winking before she takes off with her jetpack. The hologram shuts off and Poe sighs.

Finn raises his arm, holding out the beacon out to Poe. They look at each other, silently asking if the other is ready for their crazy plan. They both nod and Poe takes the beacon.

Rhys and Pandora look to each other as Poe and Finn begin talking quietly. The two siblings grab each other's arms at the same time saying, "I really need to talk to you." They move away from the others, lowering their voices.

"You first." Pandora says. Rhys smiles, glancing at Finn.

"Finn took me on a date." He blurts, squeezing his sister's hand. She squeals, hugging him tightly as he shushes her.

"That's amazing!" She tells him. "What did you do?" She asks. 

"He snuck food from the cafeteria, and we had a picnic." Rhys explains. She smiles and squeezes his hand.

"That's so romantic! I'm so happy for you two." She replies. He glances at Finn and smiles.

"We are too." He says and turns his attention back to her. "What did you want to tell me?"

"Poe dragged me into a supply closet and we made out." She tells him, glancing over at Poe. He meets her eyes and winks, smiling at her. She smiles back before Rhys clears his throat. She turns back to him and sees him looking at her with an eyebrow raised. "Shut up."

"I didn't say anything!" He tells her, raising his hands. She glares and smacks his arm.

"You didn't have to." Pandora replies, glaring at him.

"Seriously, Dora. I'm happy for you. You've liked him forever." He says. She scoffs.

"Not forever." She protests, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Pretty sure it has been." He replies. 

"Say anything to Poe and you'll regret it. I get creative when it comes to revenge." She says before walking across the room to join Poe and Finn. 

Finn pats her shoulder before moving towards Rhys, taking her spot. Poe wraps his arm around Pandora's shoulder, pulling her into his side.

"Gossip session?" He asks. She chuckles.

"Oh, please. Like you and Finn weren't doing the exact same thing." She replies, nudging him with her elbow. He laughs and squeezes her to his side.

"You caught us." He says. Pandora leans her head on his shoulder and sighs as she looks at Leia.

"I wish I could tell her about us. And Rhys could tell her about Finn. She'd be so excited." She tells him. He kisses the top of her head before resting his head on hers.

"You'll be able to tell her soon." Poe says. "If it makes you feel better, your parents know."

"Wait, really? You talked to my parents?" She asks, looking up at him. 

"I talked to your mom. You dad can be scary when he wants to." He replies. She laughs and wraps her arms around his middle. "I told her that I was going to ask you out. Didn't plan to drag you to a closet and make out, but how could I resist after that speech."

"I am pretty amazing." Pandora teases. He chuckles, leaning down to kiss her.

"You absolutely are." He tells her, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"You don't have anything to worry about with my family. You know that, right?" She says.

"I'm pretty sure your dad is gonna kill me when he finds out we're together." He replies. She laughs and rolls her eyes.

"Dad loves you. In case you've forgotten, you're the only person besides Rhys and me that he's taught to pilot. I'm pretty sure he's been hoping that we'd get together for years. I can't promise he won't threaten, but he's harmless." Pandora explains. 

"Well, right now he looks like he's about to bite my head off." He says, looking at something over her shoulder. Pandora turns and rolls her eyes as she sees her parents standing in the doorway, her dad glaring at where she and Poe touch, then where Finn and Rhys touch.

"Knock it off, Riduur." Cordelia scolds, smacking his arm. They move further into the room and Rhys drags Finn to stand closer to Pandora and Poe.

"You hurt my daughter and you're dead you hear me? No one will find your body." Din threatens Poe. He turns to Finn. "You hurt my son, it's the exact same thing." He glares at each of them before Cordelia pushes him behind her.

"Ignore him. I'm so happy for all of you." She says, attempting to hug them all. The two couples laugh and move closer together so she can really hug them all. "Din, get in here right now or I swear-"

He doesn't wait for her to finish her threat, quickly joining the hug and kissing the top of his kids' heads, silently approving of their partners.