Chapter 27 - The Rise of Skywalker

"Oh, yes, there they are!" 3PO calls. 

"BB-8, come on!" Poe shouts, spotting the droids approaching from the hallway across from them. 

"I'll shut down the impeders. You've got seconds." Hux tells them, opening the door. Chewie immediately heads through, Rhys right behind him. 

"There she is. She's a survivor." He says, looking at the Falcon. Pandora chuckles and grabs his hand, pulling him behind her. She drags him towards the bunks and shoves him onto one of the beds.

"Stay." She orders. She rushes to the cockpit and finds Chewie and Rhys powering the ship up, Finn joining them a second later. "Finn, help Chewie." She tells him, grabbing her brother and dragging him back to Poe.

Rhys gets to work and quickly tends to Poe's wound, carefully setting his arm into a temporary sling to ensure he doesn't move it around too much as it heals. Rhys stays to organize his things as Poe and Pandora return to the cockpit, finding that Chewie and Finn had picked up Rey while they were gone. Poe takes his spot in the pilot's chair and Finn and Rey leave the cockpit.

"I don't know why they're not following us, but I don't trust it." Poe says. Chewie growls and Pandora sighs. 

"The landing gear's broken? Great. Crash landings always hurt my back." She complains.

"Don't worry, Pan. I got it." He assures.

***

"'I got it.'" Pandora mocks. "I told you my back would hurt. Utreekov." She says, glaring at Poe before turning and leading the way up the hill.

"Good luck. She's mad." Rhys tells him, patting his shoulder before following his sister. Rey rolls her eyes, knowing Pandora's irritation is from stress. She shakes her head, knowing her friend's annoyance will likely disappear soon, unless of course one of the boys says something to make it worse.

The group reaches the top and stares out at the rough waters between them and the remains of the Death Star.

"What...What is that?" D-O asks.

"It's the Death Star. A bad place from an old war." Rey answers. Pandora and Rhys glance at each other, remembering the stories they heard growing up.

"It's gonna take us years to find what we're looking for." Poe says.

"Oh, dear." 3PO replies.

"'Only this blade tells.'" Rey remembers quietly. She grabs the dagger from her bag. She inspects it, finding a hidden piece in the hilt. She pulls it out and lines up the edge of the dagger with the Death Star. "The wayfinder's there." 

"Heads up." Poe warns, shifting to stand in front of Pandora. The group raises their blasters at the approaching group, ready to defend themselves if necessary.

"Rough landing." The leader of the group calls.

"I've seen worse." He tells her.

"I've seen better." She replies. "Are you Resistance?"

"That depends." Poe says.

"We picked up a transmission from someone named Babu Frik." She tells him.

"Babu Frik? Oh, he's one of my oldest friends." 3PO announces, making Pandora flinch. Rhys reaches over and squeezes her hand, silently comforting his sister.

"He said you'd come. He said you were the last hope." She explains.

"We have to get to that wreck. There's something inside there we need." Rey says.