Chapter 19 - The Rise of Skywalker

"Are you ever gonna go?" Poe asks, leaning forward. Rhys sits between him and Finn, suspiciously watching his Uncle Chewie as he studies the board. 

"He can't beat us every time." Finn says.

"Oh, he definitely can. I've never won, even when I was a kid." Rhys tells him.

"How does he do it?" He asks.

"This guy right here? It's cause he cheats." Poe says.

"Poe, don't antagonize him." Pandora scolds from her seat. She flips the page of her book, deciding not to interfere anymore.

"I'm kidding!" He defends. "You're 250 years old. Of course, you're better than us."

"Oh, come on. Take your turn. You're taking forever. That's cheating. That's why we think you're cheating." Finn tells him. Rhys rolls his eyes at them, having learned not to piss off Chewie at a young age. The alert interrupts the game, and Chewie growls as he stands.

"They won't turn it off. I'll make sure of it." Pandora assures as he begins walking away. She stands and tosses her book in her seat.

"He's cheating." Finn says.

"Definitely." Poe agrees.

"I love Chewie, but I hate this game." Pandora tells them, turning it off.

***

Pandora groans, spotting the TIEs approaching the ship. Rhys glances up and sees them too, sighing and buckling himself in. 

"Finn, we're about to be cooked!" Poe calls.

"We're almost there!" He replies. "Poe, we got it."

Poe takes off, the TIEs quickly following. They begin shooting at the ship, some hitting it as Chewie groans.

"Sorry, I'm sorry! I know!" Poe says.

"If you destroy my uncle's ship, I'll never marry you." Pandora threatens, gripping the seat so hard her knuckles pale.

"Oh please, if I asked you right now, you'd say yes." He replies, quickly glancing over his shoulder to wink at her.

"Is this your way of asking me?" She asks, unimpressed.

"Hey, only one of us was allowed to have an impromptu proposal and that was me. Let's save this for later when we're not being chased and shot at." Rhys interrupts.

"Baby, when I propose, you won't have to ask to know that I am." Poe answers, ignoring him.

"Ugh you guys are gross." He complains.

"Oh, shut up, you love us." Pandora tells her brother. She turns her attention to Poe. "Get us out of here so you can have your, what I'm sure will be very elaborate and over the top, proposal."

"Game time." Poe says. "Finn, you're supposed to be getting rid of those things!"

"I got one!" He replies a moment later.

"How many are left?" He asks.

"Too many." Finn answers. Chewie growls, explaining his idea to Poe.

"Good thinking, Chewie. Finn, we can boulder these TIEs!" He says.

"I was just thinking that." He replies.

"Of course, he was." Rhys says smugly, sticking his tongue out at Pandora. She rolls her eyes and reaches over to pinch his arm.

"It's not a competition, idiot." She scolds. He laughs and pinches her back.

"You're just saying that because Poe's dumber than Finn." He tells her.

"When we're not getting chased by TIEs, I'm gonna kill you." Pandora says, glaring at him. He scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"I'm so scared." He mocks.

"Fine. Then I'll tell Dad that you called Poe stupid. We both know he's the favorite." She says, smirking at him. He pales and looks at her.

"You wouldn't." Rhys tells her.

"Apologize to Poe and it'll stay between us." She answers. He sighs and slouches against the back of his seat.

"I'm sorry I called you an idiot, Poe." He says.

"Wait, what?" Poe asks, glancing at him over his shoulder. Pandora leans forward and pats his shoulder.

"I'll explain later, focus on getting us out of here." She says.

"How thick do you think that ice wall is?" He asks as Finn enters the cockpit. Chewie growls in protest, but Poe flies through the wall, entering hyperspace. Finn stumbles, grabbing onto Rhys as they exit hyperspace.

"Poe!" He shouts as the TIEs continue chasing them.

"I know, I know!" He replies, focusing on dodging their surroundings and losing the TIEs. He jumps again and Pandora sighs.

"What the hell are you doing?" Rhys asks.

"Lightspeed skipping." Poe answers.

"And how do you know how to do that?" Pandora asks him, crossing her arms over her chest. He ignores her question as they exit hyperspace again. Chewie growls.

"Yeah, well, Rey's not here, is she?" He replies, jumping into hyperspace again. "Last jump, maybe forever. Hold on!" 

"You're so lucky I love you!" Pandora yells at him, covering her eyes as they make the last jump.

Hey guys, sorry this chapter's short but I'm exhausted. I think I'm getting sick because I felt like shit all day and just wanna sleep lol.