Chapter 26 - The Rise of Skywalker

Poe lands the ship and the group moves to hide near the ramp. As soon as a pair of stormtroopers approach they take them out, running down the ramp. They fire on the other stormtroopers around the hangar, quickly defeating them.

"You three, stay there." Rey tells the droids.

"Happily." 3PO replies.

"I'll stay with them and the ship." Rhys says. "I'll keep my medical equipment ready." He adds, patting his bag.

"Which way?" Poe asks.

"Uh, no idea. Follow me." Finn answers, leading the way. Pandora quickly pulls her brother in for a hug before following the others.

They sneak through the hallways, eventually running into a pair of stormtroopers. Rey moves to the front and waves her hand at the stormtroopers.

"It's okay that we're here." She tells them. The stormtroopers relax slightly, their weapons dipping towards the ground but not lowered completely.

"It's okay that you're here." One stormtrooper says.

"It's good." The second adds.

"You're relieved that we're here." She tells them, waving her hand again. They lower their weapons, relaxing completely.

"Thank goodness you're here." The first says.

"Welcome, guys." The other adds.

"Does she do that to us?" Poe asks. Pandora rolls her eyes at him.

"Do you really think she'd do that to us?" She asks, glaring at him.

"No." He answers. "You definitely would, though." He mutters. Finn steps between them and slings his arms around their shoulders, covering their mouths with his hand before they can continue arguing.

"Save your weird foreplay for later." He whispers. Pandora glares at him and he leans closer to Poe, slightly worried for his safety.

"Guys." Rey interrupts, shaking her head at their position. "I know where Chewie is."

"Oh, good. Let's get going." Poe says, his voice muffled by Finn's hand.

Rey chuckles as Finn lets them go, quickly following her to get away from the annoyed couple.

***

"The cameras." Rey warns as they enter, shooting out the one she sees. Poe takes out the other one as Finn takes the lead.

"They said Chewie's this way." He says, remembering the directions the stormtroopers gave Rey. He works on getting the door open while Poe and Pandora stand on either side of the doorway, blasters at the ready. He gets the door open as Rey walks in the opposite direction. "Rey, come on."

"The dagger is on this ship. We need it." She replies.

"Why?" Poe asks, approaching her. She turns to face him.

"A feeling. I'll meet you back at the hangar." She answers. Pandora grabs her arm before she can get too far.

"Be careful." She tells her. Rey nods and covers Pandora's hand with her own, giving it a squeeze before she pulls away and runs down the other hallway.

Finn and Poe lead the way, Pandora checking behind them to make sure there aren't any stormtroopers sneaking up on them.

***

"Chewie!" Pandora shouts as they find his cell. She rushes to free him as Poe grabs his shoulders to reply to his growl.

"Of course, we came for you, Chewie." He tells him.

"Rey's here. She's gonna get the dagger." Finn says as he and Poe help him up. Chewie wraps his arms around Pandora and growls, asking about Rhys.

"He's back at Ochi's ship with the droids. He's gonna take a look at you when we get back." She explains.

"The ship's this way. Follow me." He says, leading the way into the hallway. "Wrong way!" He shouts as stormtroopers fire at them. He shoots back as Poe leads the way in the other direction.

"There's not really a right way, is there?" He replies as stormtroopers fire from that way, too.

"I found them!" The stormtrooper calls. Poe moves out from behind cover, shooting him. Finn and Pandora enter the new hallway too, shooting the other two stormtroopers.

Finn leads the way and Poe pauses to slide Chewie a blaster from a fallen stormtrooper. He quickly takes out two approaching troopers and Pandora sighs, happy to have her uncle armed and able to help them.

The four shoot any stormtroopers they encounter as they run through the halls, heading towards the hangar.

"We close?" Poe asks.

"Straight ahead." Finn answers. They continue down the stairs, turning as a stormtrooper yells.

Poe grunts, falling to the ground as the bolt hits his arm. Chewie growls, grabbing Finn and Pandora before they can run out into the open after him. He takes out the trooper before letting go.

"Poe!" Pandora yells, running to his side. She cups his face in her hands, resting her forehead to his for a moment before shifting to look at his wound. "Are you okay?" She asks, trying to be gentle as she checks his arm.

"Nope." He answers, looking at the approaching stormtroopers.

"Shit." She curses as the troopers surround them. She curls herself around Poe, trying her best to protect him even with the enemy around them.

"Hey, fellas." He greets as the others drop their weapons and raise their hands.

"Shut up, scum." A stormtrooper answers.

***

"Allegiant General, the scavenger is not with them." A stormtrooper informs Pryde, as the others behind him hold, Poe, Finn, Pandora, and Chewie, their hands bound.

"Take them away. Terminate them." He orders before walking away. Pandora expects Hux to follow, but he leads the stormtroopers holding them away.

The four are ushered into a separate room, where another stormtrooper stands with Rhys. Pandora sighs, relieved for a moment that he's unharmed before remembering they're about to be killed. Chewie growls sadly, apologizing to them as he moves to stand between his niece and nephew so they're on either side of him. Their partners stand on their other sides, thankful that at least they're together.

The troopers stand behind them with their weapons at the ready. They raise them and prepare to fire. Pandora reaches over and grabs Poe's hands, her movement limited from her hands being bound in front of her. Finn reaches for Rhys' hands, squeezing them in a silent comfort.

"Actually...I'd like to do this myself." Hux interrupts. The stormtrooper closest to him hands over his blaster.

"What were you gonna tell Rey before?" Poe asks Finn.

"You still on that?" He replies.

"Oh, I'm sorry, is this a bad time?" He snaps.

"Yeah. Sort of is a bad time, Poe." Finn says.

"Well, 'cause later doesn't really look like an option. If you're gonna let something off your chest, maybe now's not the worst time to-" He tells him.

"I'd like to die without all the arguing." Pandora interrupts, rolling her eyes. Rhys nods in agreement, even though he is slightly amused by the argument.

Hux aims the blaster at them, and they hear the blaster firing. The group flinches but turn around when they realize he had shot the stormtroopers instead. 

"I'm the spy!" He tells them. 

"What?" Poe shouts.

"You?" Finn asks.

"We don't have much time." Hux says.

"I knew it." Poe claims. Pandora rolls her eyes.

"Nope. Don't even try to lie, Dameron." She tells him.