Chapter 16 - The Last Jedi

Finn wakes to Rose dragging him along the floor. Rhys walks next to her, his arm in a temporary sling he'd managed to make.

"Finn! There's a shuttle back that way! We gotta go!" Rose tells him as she helps him up.

They run across the destroyed room, avoiding the bodies and fires around them. They come to a halt as figures emerge from the smoke, Phasma and a small group of stormtroopers.

"Traitor!" Phasma yells, raising her blaster, the stormtroopers following her lead. An explosion next to them distracts them and they turn towards the source. "What?" She says as an AT-ST fires on them from it's loading spot.

The troopers begin firing at it as it quickly takes them out. The AT-ST begins moving forward, the top of it yanked off by the cables, revealing BB-8. Rhys laughs, happy to see his sister's favorite droid is all right and continuing to be a badass.

Rose drags Rhys towards cover, grabbing a fallen stormtrooper's blaster. Finn moves to follow, grabbing a weapon, but stops, feeling someone behind him. He turns and spots Phasma with a beskar staff.

They begin fighting and Rhys watches, confident that Finn can handle himself, but also knowing Phasma hates him and would do anything to destroy him. She moves him towards the edge of the floor and knocks him off the side.

"No!" Rhys and Rose yell, standing from behind the crate. Phasma turns and fires at them, making them duck as Rose fires back. 

"Hey." Finn says as the platform he landed on rises over the edge. He swings, cracking his weapon across her helmet and knocking her to the ground. She turns to look at him, her eye meeting his through the crack in her helmet.

"You were always scum." She tells him. Rhys looks around for a blaster, his desire to shoot Phasma causing him to not notice Rose has already gone to join BB-8.

"Rebel scum." He replies. The ground around her crumbles and she looks at him again before the floor underneath her goes as well, and she falls into the fire below.

"Hey! Need a lift?" Rose calls. Finn chuckles and Rhys joins him as they make their way towards them. They run towards the last ship and board it before flying away from the destroyed ship. 

***

"Incoming!" One of the officers yell as the ships approach the door. The TIEs continue shooting at the ship in front of them, missing and hitting the inside of the base.

"Get that shield door down!" Poe orders, herding the others further inside.

The ship hits the ground and slides under the door, making it inside just as the doors close. The Resistance members begin firing on the ship as it comes to a stop. Poe, Pandora, and Leia take the lead, approaching the ship.

Pandora runs out in front, waving for the others to stop, recognizing her brother's voice yelling for them to stop shooting.

"Hold your fire!" Poe yells as a few people continue shooting. Rhys, Finn, and Rose stand, revealing themselves.

"Rhys? Finn?" Leia calls. Rhys starts climbing down, wanting to see his family.

"Finn! Rhys! Rose! You're not dead! Where's my droid?" Poe says. Pandora slaps his arm, rushing towards her brother. Poe hears BB-8 and rushes towards him, making her roll her eyes.

"You scared me." Pandora tells her brother as she wraps her arms around him. He hisses in pain as she moves his shoulder, aggravating his wound. "You were shot!" She shouts, looking at his shoulder.

"Who hurt my son? Who do I need to kill?" Cordelia demands as she and Din approach their children. 

"They're already dead, so don't worry." Rhys answers, rolling his eyes as his dad begins inspecting his shoulder. Once he's done, Din begins dragging him towards the surviving medics, ignoring Rhys' protests that he can patch himself up. "You do realize that I'm a doctor, right?" He asks.

"Of course, I do. I'm extremely proud of you, but right now you're the patient. Shut up and let them take care of you." Din tells him. Rhys groans but lets him bring him to the others.

"They're both so stubborn." Cordelia says, watching them as she stands with her daughter.

"I know right. It's annoying." Pandora replies. Cordelia turns to her and rests her hands on her shoulders.

"I love you, sweetheart, but you're more stubborn than the both of them combined." She tells her.

"What? I am not!" She protests. Cordelia simply raises her eyebrow and Pandora groans.

"It's the whole family. We're all stubborn." Leia says, joining them. She wraps her arms around them, glancing towards Rhys and Din. "Is he gonna be all right?" 

"It looks like it." Cordelia answers, turning to see Rhys getting his shoulder bandaged, Finn having joined them and holding his other hand.

"Ugh they're so cute together I'm gonna throw up." Pandora complains. Leia and Cordelia laugh, rolling their eyes.

***

"All right, shields are up so they can't hit us from orbit." Poe announces. He turns to Connix. "Use whatever power we've got left to broadcast a distress signal to the Outer Rim."

"Use my personal code. If there are any allies to the Resistance, it's now or never." Leia adds. She sits with Din and Cordelia, who smile as they watch their children leading the new generation of the Resistance.

"Rose, what do you got?" He asks as she joins them.

"Rotting munitions, rusted artillery, some half-gutted skim speeders." She reports.

"Well, let's just pray that big-ass door holds long enough for us to get help." Poe says. 

The ground shakes, freeing dirt from the ceiling. Pandora groans, knowing nothing good could've caused it.

I just realized I never hit publish on Wednesday, so sorry this is late. Today's chapter will be out sometime today, and I'll make sure to check that I publish it lol.