Chapter 7: Captain's Plan

[Author's Note: I don't own Marvel. Only Christine Blake.]

<<<<<<<<<< Pietro's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

Wanda and I really don't have anything else to do today. I don't understand why there wasn't a schedule given to us for today.
"Rogers wasn't sure how long her assessment and training routine would be for today." Wanda tells me. I like not having to voice my opinions, thoughts and questions to her. I also like that she isn't very invasive. She could be, if she wanted or needed to but she doesn't like prying.
"Rogers also wanted us to talk to him afterwards. I think he knew she would carry on with her initial chores and give him a report later." I tell my sister. She just nods. And now we are headed to the "Captain's office." It's basically a meeting room. It isn't really HIS office. I hold the door open and let Wanda enter first and I follow after.
"Friday, will you inform Captain Rogers that training is over?" Wanda told the AI system.
"Yes, Captain has been informed." The AI responded. We sit down and wait for the Captain to enter. It was a good five minutes before the super soldier was present.
"Hello Maximoffs! How did it go?"
"It went fine, until Pietro tried to kill her." Rogers raises his eyebrows at me.
"It was an accident. I did not mean it." I tell the Captain.
"Of course you did not mean it. But it did happen."
"I wasn't going to hide it."
"I didn't say you were trying to hide it."
"I didn't say that was your reason to say it."
"Alright. That's enough. Why don't you start from the beginning. How did she introduce herself?" Cap asks, breaking the conversation Wanda and I fell into.
"She was late." Wanda said simply.
"It's because of her enhancement. Her body had to heal. She couldn't help it." I don't know why I am defending her. But I think Wanda started to smirk.
"I knew she was late. I caught her trying to sneak by without me noticing. Her heavy breathing gave her away." The captain chuckled as he told us this.
"She also tripped and fell right before she entered." Wanda said like she was annoyed and amused at the same time.
"She isn't the most graceful, but her heart is in the right place." Cap shook his head in what seemed to be an affectionate manner. Almost like he was reminded of a memory.
"So, how did she introduce herself?" Cap asked us.
"She didn't. Barton did it for her. She seemed shy and nervous." Wanda tells him.
"Barton complemented her skills and she almost refused them." I stated.
"She doesn't like being told of her 'heroics.' She is convinced that anyone would have done the same thing if they were in her place. It's one of her charms." Cap tells us.
"She asked us about how we saw ourselves and what was most important about who we are." I tell him.
"She cares about how people view themselves. Her entire life, her enhancements were supposedly the most important thing about her existence in the eyes of her father. She didn't like how he thought. She refuses to let others with enhancements feel how she did." Cap tells me. Why is she so sincere?
"She didn't really train us today. She wanted to know our strengths and weaknesses. Hand-to-hand combat was assessed first." Wanda told him.
"She gave us pretty positive reports on our skill." I shrugged.
"You had simple combat skill. I knew nothing." Wanda said.
"But she told you she would help you get stronger. And, you did really impress her when you threw her into the wall." I tell my sister encouragingly. If this conversation took place in front of anyone other than Cap, we would have been given several worried glances.
"This is true." Wanda shrugged and smiled lightly.
"And how did you almost kill Agent Blake, Maximoff?" Cap leaned back in his seat.
"The story is rather simple really. She told me to show her my speed and I did. Then she told me to show her a hit and I did." I shrug. She IS alive.
"I believe your hit was misdirected." Wanda told me.
"It is a possibility." I wave off her comment.
"You could have killed her." She tells me again like I wasn't processing it.
"It is a possibility." I smirk at her.
"I'm glad to didn't. She is strong, and her abilities do help her but I still like her alive." Cap tells us.
"Now you all know each other's strengths and weaknesses. Breaking her neck could have killed her. But it is still very unlikely. If she didn't have advanced healing, you would have killed her instantly. That is probably what she meant. I believe it will take a whole lot more to kill Christine than a broken neck." Rogers sighs.
He continues, "Overall, did you like her? If you don't, I'll try and find someone else. But I'm really hoping you three can make this work." He asks us almost hesitantly.
I look towards my sister, telling her everything in my head.
"We can make it work. She isn't that bad." Wanda tells Cap. I think it will take a while before we get used to having her around, but I hope we can.
"Good. Blake should be finishing the paperwork soon. For the rest of the day, you two can do whatever. Starting tomorrow, life will be a little harder. Training will be longer and your potential will skyrocket. So for today, take a breather. From here on, your lives won't slow down." Rogers tells us as he stands. We stand up after him and part ways. Would life really be all that different. It's only training. And at that, she's only a girl.

<<<<<<<<<< Clint Barton's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

Considering that Friday never told me Christine or the Twins needed me, I can only assume they haven't butted heads. Walking through the HQ, I see Cap exit the meeting center.
"Steve! You heard how training went?" I call out.
"It went rather well." I hear a voice call from behind me. Turning, I see that it is Agent Hill. Cap walks to join the two of us.
"I just had a talk with the twins. They are willing to stick with her." Steve tells us.
"Good. They all need this." I tell them.
"I had a quick chat with the twins in the hall. They were confused by her kindness but they seemed positive. And I just got finished talking with Christine, I haven't ever seen her this excited over something. I think your right Clint. I know she needs this." Maria states.
Before I can reply, a recruit working on secretary hours walks up and hands a file to Cap.
"Her training report. If you will excuse me, I'm going to go read this. I'll catch up with you guys later." And with that, Cap was gone.
"You coming to dinner tonight?" I ask Hill.
"No. I have some paperwork that I need to finish up. That way I can spend some time with Christine tonight. Make sure she's settled in and comfortable."
"Alright. Suit yourself. And don't worry, I'll make sure your portion doesn't go to waste." I joke with her. She laughs and walks off. I see some recruits acting up on the other side of the glass out on the training lawn. Duty calls.

<<<<<<<<<< Steve Roger's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

After I finish reading her report, I'm confused because she didn't mention her possibility of dying. But then an idea hits me.
"Friday, I need you to get Barton, Romanoff, and the twins here as soon as possible." I state to the air.
"Right away Captain." The voice replies. I still don't know how it all works. Within ten minutes the crew is gathered.
"What seems to be the issue Cap?" Romanoff asks.
"Blake. I read her training report and she didn't mention almost dying by the hands of our oldest Maximoff here." I say, gesturing to Pietro. He looks up from his place with confusion.
"Why wouldn't she be honest in her report?" He asked with concern.
"It wasn't that she wasn't being honest, she mentioned the hit. But she didn't give a damage report."
"Well she wouldn't need to if she healed." Barton chimed in.
"My point is, this mistake gives me room to question her. And I want you all in on it so you don't 'pick sides' because I want to see what she has to say. Is everyone willing to participate?"
Everyone slowly nodded.
"Good, here's the plan. Romanoff, get her to dinner. Go to her room and invite her if you have to. Barton, I want you in there before. Throw off suspicion. The twins and I will come in and we will sit. I will question her and you all will react as if you didn't know I was going to put her through that. I believe her answer will be stronger, if she feels the need to protect."
"You want to test her." Wanda stated. It wasn't a question.
"Yes. I want to see how she does under pressure. It's pretty harmless. I need to see if she can hold the responsibility." I tell everyone.
"What if you don't like what she has to say?" Pietro asks me.
"I have a pretty good idea on what she will do. Her answer will weigh my decision in allowing her to have control over recruit training hours if she needs decoy assistance while training the two of you." I tell him.
"Is everyone comfortable with this." I ask.
I get hesitant nods but nods nonetheless.
"Good. Let's see if she is as ready as I believe her to be." And with that, we head to our places.

TIME LAPSE: (Chapter 6) finishes. This is where Chapter 7 picks up from.

AFTER DINNER.

<<<<<<<<<< Christine Blake's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

The questioning before dinner stressed me out, but knowing that I have everyone's full trust makes me happy. The rest of dinner was pleasant. I got to catch up with Sam and Nat. Clint is always a joy to speak with and Cap seemed proud of my answers. I'm happy. I talked to the twins a little about what to expect in training tomorrow but I informed them that I would try not to bring training out of the training room. This seemed to make them happy. I hope everything works out well. I feel like I've been accepted and it's a beautiful feeling.
When I get to my room, Mars is already there. We stay up and chat for a while. We talk about the Avengers and the Maximoffs and training. She teases me that once Stark knows I'm "on the team" he will have a party in my honor. I don't see how training two people puts you "on a team" but I wasn't going to argue. The rest of the evening we talk about ways to liven up the room and just enjoying each other's company and playing Poker with M&M's. I think I can be happy here.