Chapter 14: Dreaming

[Author Note: I THOUGHT I POSTED THIS LAST WEEK. I'M SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG. You guys are awesome. I'm glad you liked the last chapter. I haven't said it in a while but I don't own Marvel. That's really all I have to say.]

<<<<<<<<<< Maria's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

"Do you think she's going to be okay?" I asked the girls from our seats at the booth. The boys were either at the bar or on the dance floor.

"She will be fine. She can heal. She will heal. She's probably asleep right now." Natasha waved off my concern.

"I know that. I mean, being alone with Pietro. That's what I'm worrying about." I told them.

"I thought you wanted them to get together. They won't be able to if we smother them and never let them bond." Nat said.

"She's fine. Her thoughts were only on food when we were leaving. His were mainly on beating Clint on that stupid game." Wanda stated.

"Mainly?" I asked confused.

"There was a small portion that wanted to be around her, but after confronting him about it, he's a little wary about doing anything." Wanda explained.

"I don't know, did you see how he acted around her at all today?" Nat asked her.

"You need to elaborate." Wanda replied, intrigued.

"He was the first one to respond to her distress call." Nat said.

"Of course he was. He is the fastest out of all of us." I stated.

"About what happened today..." Wanda trailed off.

"What do you mean 'about what happened today?'" I asked her.

"Clint is the one to blame isn't he?" Wanda asked Natasha. I think she already knew the answer.

"Yes. He caused the accident." Nat replied coolly.

"HE DID WHAT?" I shouted.

"Calm down Maria, he wouldn't have done anything that would have killed her." Natasha tried to reason.

"Just because Christine can heal from injuries doesn't mean she doesn't feel the pain caused by them!" I told her.

"All he did was remove the bathmat and grease the floor up. If Christine was paying attention she could have prevented it." Natasha justified.

"Was that your plan you were talking about?" Wanda asked her.

"Not exactly. It was Clint's idea. He just told me to make sure I kept you all busy for an hour." Natasha told her.

"So, instead of taking us to get ice cream of spend the day in Times Square, you chose to put us through a decoy assessment and then an hour of training?" Wanda asked with an annoyed tone.

"Yes. That way I could guarantee that you three would be occupied for the time and couldn't refuse." Natasha confessed.

"Well. Then your plan worked better than we could have hoped for." Wanda said.

"How?' I asked.

"Awkward interactions stay in the mind longer, causing a person to linger in another's mind." Wanda responded.

"Well, there is more than that then." I lead on.

"What happened in there before Christine was brought into the living room?" Nat asked as she took a swig of her drink.

"I couldn't get her underwear or shorts on without her standing. She couldn't lift off the bed without feeling more pain. So, I called Pietro in to hold her up while I slipped her clothes on. She made him close his eyes. And, like the gentleman he is, he obeyed. But as I was sliding on her underwear, I hit her wounded leg with my hand and she let out a groan in pain. I wasn't looking up, so I didn't see it, but I'm pretty sure Pietro saw her ass because he let out this gasp and when I looked up he had his eyes shut really tight and his face was red." I explained.