Chapter 8: Enhancing Enhancements

[ Author's Note: Life is an odd thing. But I will continue to write regardless. As I've stated before, I still don't own Marvel. But Christine Blake is mine!]

<<<<<<<<<< Christine's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

I woke up this morning, had some toast, an apple and some coffee for breakfast. I'm not on time for training... But I am early! I guess I feel like I have to makeup for being late yesterday. Until the twins arrive, I decide to pull together what I might need for today's lesson. I pull over some building blocks. These aren't the kind you would give to toddlers. They all look the same and are the same size but they aren't the same weight. I want to see how Wanda can lift, carry, and pull them. I need to see if weight is even an obstacle or not. I also gather something's to the other side of the room where the punching bags are. I leave the middle open for sparring. Today I want to focus on getting Pietro's punch to its maximum force and I need to start working with Wanda on the proper fight stance. She probably won't be a fan of today's training. The twins don't keep me waiting for long. Within a few minutes after checking over my preparations, I hear the two walk through the doors.
"Good Morning Maximoffs!" I turn and say with a smile.
I'm returned with a small harmonious welcome from the two. Having heard the same salutation from two different people is almost creepy. I'll just pass it off as a twin thing.
"As I told you guys last night, we will focus on simple combat skills and making sure your hits are placed right." As I finish I glance towards Pietro. Referring to the broken neck incident. Wanda just smirks and he shrugs his shoulders.
"Training will be longer today. But I don't think it's anything you can't handle." I inform the two.
"Wanda, I want to see you move those blocks over there. Can you move them to the table over here?"
"Of course I can." She replies. I see her eyes glow red as she turns towards the blocks and faint red wisps surround her hands and gather around the blocks. She takes her hands from their places by her sides and move them forward and out. She's picked up the blocks. I don't think weight is an issue. She separates them into two groups, and moves the first group over and they hit the table in a straight line. The second group, she tries to copy the same movement as the first. She moves the blocks to the table and has them lined beside the others but their floating in the air. Before she can put them down, I hear her let out a gasp, almost as if she is in pain and the red wisps vanish and the blocks fall, hitting the table hard. Pietro moves to her side with concern. I look at her with a calm face and ask in an equally calm tone, "Are you alright? What happened?"
She lets go of her head and looks to Pietro and then to me. She nods.
"I'm fine. I realized the blocks were different weights and separated them accordingly. I put the lighter ones down first and went to do the same with the heavier ones. My concentration never broke but I got a fierce pain in my head." She finishes. Pietro looks worried. It's not that I'm not worried for her, but someone has to remain calm.
"Does this happen often?" I ask her.
"No. Not always. But these things do happen." Wanda tells me. At this Pietro seems annoyed.
"But these things happen! They have started happening more frequently. I don't understand what is going on!" He says hurriedly.
"Have you been having dreams?" I ask her.
"Yes. But everyone has dreams." She says.
"But not everyone can manipulate objects with their mind. Dreams can cause distractions though. I've noticed that when I'm trying to concentrate on elements. It's hard to block out that type of inward distraction. Are they dreams or nightmares?" As I ask this question I put my hand out for her to take. At this point, Pietro has a protective arm around his sister. She looks from my eyes to my hand but hesitantly takes mine in her own. I walk her over to the small lounge that sits by the back wall. As we sit down, she replies.
"They are bad dreams. Dreams that are terrifying and wake me up at night." She tells me.
"Can you show me?" I ask her. Pietro looks up from his position on the other side of his sister.
"Why would you want her to show you something that can hurt her?" He replies angrily. Before I get to reply Wanda has beaten me to it. The red glow in her eyes disappears.
"She wants to see if she can help. She can heal remember? She wants to see if she is capable of healing my mind. Are you going to try and stop her from doing so?" Wanda almost snaps at the end. Pietro looks hesitant but let's us continue.
"I don't know how well it can work. I've never tried to repair something mentally. But I think if you work with me, I can do it. I can't get into the mind, but you can. If you can enter my mind, show me your dreams, I can try and heal what needs to be healed. Worst case, it does nothing and your still stuck with bad dreams." I let her think about it. I'm not going to push her into something she doesn't want to do. I don't want to invade. More like... Invited? I guess that's a good way to put it.
"I see no harm in trying." Wanda states.
"Is there something I can do? If something goes wrong?" Pietro asks.
"You will need to break the link. If we make the link tangible, all you would need to do is break the link and help me find you. If something goes wrong. Break the link and start talking." Wanda tells him.
"What is the link?" I ask.
"Our hands. We hold hands, the link will pass through. Our bodies and not the air." Wanda says.
"Alright. Is there anything I should expect?" I ask her.
"I will enter your mind. When I do so, you will feel as if you are in an empty room. There will be a door. When you open it, that will be your mind entering mine. I don't know what you will see or how you will fix it but it will be the first time someone has entered my mind." Wanda states with a sense of confidence and hesitation.
"Pietro, do not speak unless spoken to. We will need to concentrate." Wanda says as she looks from her brother and faces me.
"Are you ready?" She asks.
"Only if you are." I reply. And with that, she takes my hands, takes a deep breath and closes her eyes. She tells me to do the same.