Chapter 11: The Chase

[ Author's Note: SORRY ABOUT THE LATE UPDATE. Writer's Block isn't fun and anyone I asked help for thought I was an idiot for writing a fanfiction. I hope the chapter is rewarding!]

<<<<<<<<<< Wanda's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

Stark's celebration wasn't so bad. It's been a long time since I've felt like I could breathe freely and simply live. Dressing up was nice. Christine made several comments about how I was "Vision's only vision." No matter what I did, it was so difficult to get Pietro and Christine to talk to one another. Now that she knows how he feels, she seems afraid. My idiot of a brother hasn't put forth any effort. I saw him follow her into the hall when she went to get air. By the time they got back I could tell  nothing happened. I didn't need to look into their minds to figure that out. I promised Pietro that I would never force his mind to do anything. I still won't. But I need to figure out how to push him into the right direction.

We all enjoyed what Stark called "The After-Party." We simply played games, talked, and drank. If I remember correctly, Christine mentioned something about how alcohol takes its toll on her sleeping habits. She drank a good bit last night. Maybe I will have enough time to talk to Maria and Natasha before she wakes up. Keeping Pietro out of earshot will be difficult.

<<<<<<<<<< Pietro's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

Last night was amazing. I've never seen my sister so comfortable with a group of people like that. Everyone seemed to enjoy the night. The ladies were beautiful. Wanda looked lovely. A little too lovely. I need to keep my eye on Vision. But Christine. I've never seen a woman so beautiful. She took my breath away. I don't seem to have the same effect on her. I mean, I could take her breathe away. A couple laps around her and she literally wouldn't be able to breathe. Why? Why do I always think like that? Haven't I tried to kill her enough already. But she is so strong! She can be knocked down by forces 350 times stronger than her and still get back up. Never mind the fact that I was the one who caused the force that made such an impact. Damn. Not the kind of impact I wanted to make. One day. I'll figure out how to win her over.

As I headed out of my room, I saw Wanda, Maria Hill, and Romanoff walking towards the elevator.

"Where are you girls going so early?" I ask them.

"We are going to get coffee." Wanda replied. 

"That sounds wonderful." I say.

"Because of what happened last time, Rogers won't let you go. But the boys are in the kitchen making waffles and pancakes." Maria said.

"I didn't know caffeine would have such an effect on me. I didn't want to go anyway." I stated backing away as they stepped into the elevator.

"We'll be back soon Brother." Wanda replied as the doors closed. I turned on my heel and dashed for the kitchen. By doing this, Stark jumped in his seat as I appeared in the one across from him.

"The kitchen is like 800 feet away from your room. Did you have to run it Speedy?" Tony asked.

"I'm sorry, did the motion make you sick? Is the great Tony Stark defeated by Vodka?" I ask him.

"Not every man can have a metabolism as fast as yours Pietro." Bruce replied for him from his place next to the coffee pot.

"No man can beat my speed." I say as I lean back in my chair when I hear Pepper giggle. Cap walks in with a sweat stained shirt. He must have went on an early run.

"Pepper! I thought you would have went with the ladies to get coffee." Rogers said.

"Someone had to stay in case Christine woke up and drowned in the testosterone." She teased.