Chapter 9: Suits, Dresses, and Defenses

[ Author's Note: 1000 READS. I never thought this would actually happen! What started out as just a summer hobby to pass the time has become something much bigger than I thought was possible. Because you are all so devoted to the story, I am giving you a great chapter of story development. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE COMMENTS. It's a great way to see exactly what you guys want or expect to see from me. Criticism is greatly appreciated. Like I stated before, this was just to be a hobby for me to pass the time. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I don't own Marvel, but Christine Blake belongs to me. If you have any questions or concerns or ideas of thoughts, PLEASE: DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK. I have no idea where this is going, the story just unravels as I go. ]

<<<<<<<<<< Christine's Point of View >>>>>>>>>>

The last three months at the Avenger's Headquarters have been rather eventful. I get to practice privately with the twins every morning and then work with them again in the afternoon with their senior Avengers. Maria and I have gotten closer through my time here. I like to think its because we are family but it helps to see each other everyday. I have taken advantage of Cap's advice and permission to use his recruits during my Maximoff training period. I am pleased to say that both the Maximoffs have increased their enhancements' potential during these past few months. Pietro has been much easier to work with now that he gets that I actually know what I'm doing and am only there to see him succeed. Wanda and I have become much closer and have started hanging out with one another outside of training. I've learned so much about her life and can say without any doubt that she is becoming a best friend. Woah. That was really cheesy. But I can't deny the accuracy of the thought.

Since I have been spending so much time with her, I have truly begun to realize how important relationships are to her. I have noticed that although she and Pietro are both wary towards new people, when they come to trust and accept someone they do so with their entire being. I believe that this makes the bonds they share with others stronger than being acquaintances with everyone. I respect them both so much. Training hasn't been easy for her. Although she excels with using her enhancements, her simple combat is still shaky. But she is persistent and never gives up. Her enhancements have developed so well. Everyday, I can sense the strength of her core structure become more complex. This gives her more control over opponents and objects with smaller and less complicated movements. By doing so, she can do a lot more in a shorter time frame. She is improving everyday and hopefully, I can pass her on to some more advanced fighting skills. But defense seems to be her strongest area. Seems really poetic with the whole mind-reading thing.

Pietro has been doing just as well and has increased the force and accuracy to his hits. Making his neck-breaking stunt seem like a thumb war. He can now knock objects and decoys almost sixteen times larger and heavier than him. He has figured out how to control his speed considering the size of his opponent or obstacle. This helps him conserve energy that he can use at a better time.

I've helped them figure out how to get the most potential while fighting alone. But its the training sessions in the afternoon with their "short spars" that really help them focus on teamwork. It has been a privilege and interesting thing to witness. I've been able to watch them come up with different moves that they can accomplish with others on the team. This gives them the choice or opportunity to help each other and cause more damage to the opponent.

Throughout my time with the crew, I've noticed that the twins are still quite solitary. While I spend time with Wanda, I notice that Pietro tends to stay on his own. I need to figure out why he isn't making friends. I now sound like the mother of a first grader. Good job Christine.