Part 20

(Hey guys, this battle will be the end of the arc, I'm so glad to finally present it on New Year's Day to celebrate the new beginnings of the year. And we're past 10k reads, I can't believe so many of you have read this series, I know the quality isn't always great, but I'm glad I can create something that makes people want to read my work.)

Rados ducked under the spinning roundhouse delivered by Towa. The Angelic fusion spun and slammed a Ki blast into the Breaker's ribs, knocking her across the planet. Rados ignited their golden pastel aura and charged after Towa, meeting her over a wasteland. They reeled their arm back and delivered a devastating hook to Towa's face, knocking her into a cave. Rados turned sharply and flew into the cave where Towa was nowhere to be found.

Rados closed their eyes, trying to sense Towa's sinister ki. A rock fell behind Rados, and they immediately shot a Ki blast where the sound was, hitting Towa in the shoulder. The malign fusion grunted in pain. Teleporting in front of her, Rados kicked her through the cave wall, exposing the sky. Rados charged a blast of ki that looked identical to a coalescence of lightning bolts.

"Lightning Arrow!" They shouted as the blast knocked Towa even further across the planet.

Rados teleported behind Towa to continue the assault but was stopped when Towa slammed her staff into their face. Towa pushed Rados back with a Kiai and charged a massive blast.

"Explosive Demon Flash!" Towa yelled as she threw her hands forward.

"Shit!" Rados yelled as they flew as fast as they could with the massive blast gaining on them, "Kai Kai!"

Their body disappeared just before the blast incinerated them. The beam traveled far into space, incinerating entire galaxies as it went.

"Was it that easy?" Towa asked herself, "Is she dead?"

"It's they/them to you," Rados mockingly stated as they floated just behind Towa.

The demon scientist flinched and went to fire a ki blast at the divine fusion. Rados deflected the blast and charged Towa, hitting the five-way fusion in the gut as hard as they could. But Towa's body phased through the strike.

"What?" Rados said in surprise.

Towa's body disappeared and Rados was hit in the back of the head. They crashed to the ground, barely managing to catch themself on their feet, causing the ground to sink a few inches.

"I didn't think a fusion with millions of years of experience would be fooled by a simple afterimage." Towa mocked.

"And I didn't think a genius scientist would be too stupid to not realize she gains the abilities of her fusion partners!" Rados yelled indignantly.

"Oh," Towa said, "Thank you! I forgot I gained their abilities, as a thank you, I'm going to kill you fast."

"Oh, shit," Rados said as they realized their mistake.

Towa's right eye glowed red and her hands moved in the shape of a bow and arrow with a bolt of ki connecting them. Rados gasped in surprise and barely dodged the blast when it came sailing for their head. Rados looked back to the impact crater of the sniper shot. The deadly bolt of ki had gone all the way through the planet. Rados jumped away as a spire of boiling magma shot up from the ground.

"Damnit," They said to themself, "Can we go ONE fight without destroying celestial bodies?"

Towa shot another bolt of ki which grazed Rados' cheek, cutting their face. They twisted their body and flipped around to dodge the deadly blasts. 

Alright, two can play that game!" Rados said, summoning an angelic staff, "Destruction's Concerto!"

Green orbs of ki emanated from the staff and launched toward Towa in waves. Towa gracefully dodged the shining orbs of ki with little effort. Eventually, she didn't need to dodge even though Rados threw even more orbs than before.