3

As Hannuri dressed back into her day to day clothing and carried a sack on her back, she noticed the unusual ruckus that radiates from her small beaten up lodge, or rather, shed

As Hannuri dressed back into her day to day clothing and carried a sack on her back, she noticed the unusual ruckus that radiates from her small beaten up lodge, or rather, shed. Widening her eyes, she dropped the sack immediately, rushing into the house to see two grown men rummaging through every cabinet of her house with little to no shame. Hannuri's sister, Hanyuri, had beads of tears streaming down her face, her little hands desperately clutching onto her art book.

"Stop!" Hannuri screamed, grabbing the man's coat in a futile attempt to hold him back, only to be thrown in to the floor with a single shrug. In this era, women were nothing but pretty little fools. Women only mattered if they had a beautiful face and a curved body. On the contrary, men held power, and putting women against men was like putting a mouse with a cat.

Hannuri, being the only guardian for her sister, still stood back up on her feet and tried to fight them off. She could not cry, no, crying meant destruction and never in a million times would she let her sister see the destruction resonating deep inside her soul. She had to be the anchor that Hanyuri could hold onto.

The men were getting frustrated, unable to locate her stash of money. One of them turned around, trapping Hannuri by the collar and scowling "Where do you keep your money"

Hannuri's mouth was sewn shut, her hands flinging around to free the tight grasp from her throat. Suddenly, she felt the grip release, her body crashing to the floor.

"Hannuri!" Oh how relieving it was to hear a familiar voice. Through her fogged vision, she saw Jaemin grab one of them and throw them out the door. It was obvious the men grew a fear towards Jaemin as Jaemin always sported a rather expensive attire. In a patriarchal society like this one, being rich was the defining character of power.

The moment the men left, Jaemin fell to her side, clutching onto her arms. But Hannuri didn't care, she searching for her sister, hands trembling at the first thievery attempt they've ever encountered. Locating her sister, she hugged her, signing to her that it was all alright now. Jaemin too, signed to Hanyuri "You were so brave, Yuri, I'm proud of you"

The trio chuckled, slowly letting the fear slip away. Hannuri stood up, brushing down her dress "Sorry about all that, I'm barely at home ever since I started working at the mansion. Thank you for checking up on Hanyuri every so often"

"Hey, you know me, if you ever ask me of a favour, you know damn well I'll help you out any time" Jaemin sighed, brushing the stray strands from her face "Nuri, you don't have to worry so much. It's alright, I come visit everyday and Yuri will be fine"

"Thank you, I truly mean it" Hannuri touched her jaw, wincing at the bruise that was spreading along her skin. To her relief, Jaemin took no notice.

"Buuuutttt on the other hand" Jaemin dragged his words out

Hannuri knew exactly where this was going.

"You have got to be kidding me" Nuri groaned, detecting that mischievous tint in Jaemins eyes immediately