10

ok so i did some research and apparently there are eletric lights back in the 18th century

Hannuri sat on her bed in the mansions dorm, picking at her own fingers. Being engaged to Jaemin as Hana was a lot harder than it looks. She currently has Jaemins father obsessing over her marriage, a man acting as her fake finance and another man trying to win her love. It was all a bit too much for her.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door causing Hannuri to flash her eyes up.

"Who is it at this time of day" She opened the door, greeting a familiar pale face. His eyes were sullen and tired, smile crooked but still trying to hold up his careless persona.

"Duties for tomorrow" Renjun slid a piece of paper into her hand. She furrowed her eyebrow; she could've sworn tomorrow is a rest day.

"But tomorrows a rest day" Hannuri complained, trying to shove the paper back.

"You have no rest days as a personal maid" Renjun rolled his eyes, crossing his arms "I pay you more so you need to work more"

"Wait that's-"

Renjun, in the corner of his eyes, saw his father and mother coming from the side. His irises expanded, cursing as he grabbed Hannuri's shoulders, jerking both of their bodies into the room and slamming the door shut.

"What is wrong-"

"Shut up" Renjun pressed his finger to her lips, their bodies closely pressed together against the wooden door. He listened cautiously, waiting for the footsteps to diminish. As soon as he shifted his eyes back, he noticed two round eyes staring back at him. His breath hitched, his finger falling off her lips as he could not tear his gaze off her features. It reminded him so much of a princess in a fairy tale—innocent and beautiful.

Snapping himself out of it, he ripped his body away. At the sudden movement, a bottle slipped out of his pocket, crashing to the ground into fractures. In horror, he watched as the little glass pieces bathed in a pale bronze liquid, the smell of daisies filling the room.

"What the fuck" Renjun crouched down, attempting to savour whatever was left of the mess. Indeed, the bottle Renjun had treasured had cracked open with one careless movement

"OK now you cannot blame me for that" Hannuri pointed her finger at Renjun, stepping away. Just as Renjun was about to yell at her, the lights switched off in an instant. The prince and the peasant both drowned in complete and utter darkness.

She heard a hard clatter as her eyes dashed around in the darkness. Renjun had fallen, his body curled up into a ball and his hands clasping his ears. His breaths were becoming tremendously shallow and anyone could tell he was shaking with fear.