24

"The protestors know the King is looking for Hannuri

"The protestors know the King is looking for Hannuri. They took her when she left the mansion. Please. Please, I don't know what to do. You're the Prince please just do something god damnit"

Jaemins voice rung through his head, the words causing everything inside of him to twist. He stood up, not a single thought in mind but protecting her. Grabbing his coat, he stormed his way to the exit, only to be dragged back by the guards, their thick armour creating an obstacle between him and the door.

"Let me go" Renjun tried to barrel through the arms of the guards. He was trapped within the mansion. The guards would not let Renjun go until he did the speech, but he felt like he was going to murder himself if he didn't see her right at that current moment.

"Im the King. You have no right to keep me here and I demand you to get out of the fucking way" Renjun growled, attempting to use his authority to get rid of these guards. The guards didn't budge.

"You will not be going anywhere" A familiar, low voice echoed in the room. Renjun's body froze, his jaw physically clenching. Turning around, he was met with his father on a wheelchair, a cane placed across his lap.

Renjun exhaled loudly to calm himself down "Great, now that you're alive and healthy you can do all that stupid paperwork. Let me out"

His father slammed the cane down on the floor, creating a mini earthquake within the big lobby "You've lost your mind"

"Yes I've completely lost it. Now let this lunatic through this door" Renjun tried again to push his way through multiple arms. He knew what he was doing was not only disrespectful, but completely out line. His emotions were uncontained. He wouldn't settle till he found the girl. Before his father could even utter another word, Renjun grabbed the nearest object, which happened to be a vase made of pure china, and catapulted it through the window. The smash made everyone in the room jolt.

Now everyone genuinely believe Renjun had gone completely insane.

"I don't care what happens to me" He put a hand on the window ledge, ignoring the prick from the broken glass "As long as nothing happens to her, I really cannot care any less, father"

With that, he threw himself out the window, successfully escaping under a million pairs of eyes.

Hannuri sat upon stacks and stacks of hay bales, her arms and legs tied down by chains

Hannuri sat upon stacks and stacks of hay bales, her arms and legs tied down by chains. Her head was pounding, as if there was a hammer in her skull, breaking the walls.

"Thought the girl the King was looking for would be more...special. She looks like a normal village girl" A foreign male voice projected into her ears. She groaned, lifting her head to meet a couple of grown men, spinning knives around their fingers.

She rolled her eyes. She could tell they were only spinning the knives to look intimidating, not only that, but they for sure didn't open the lights to give off that ominous effect.

"What do you want from me" She uttered, glaring at all of them.

"I want the King to surrender. I want him to give us our rights and hand this kingdom back to us" One male leant closer to her face "That's what I want"

"Basically you're saying summon anarchy over this entire place and all will be well" She scoffed. She couldn't lie and say she wasn't the slightest bit scared of the situation here, after all, she was the one at a disadvantage. Her witty jokes were her only way to hide under the fear.

The men didn't seem interested enough in this conversation to properly listen to her. They had decided to take shifts guarding the girl in hopes that the royal family would be baited here. It was clear to her that these men had little knowledge on how to properly execute a kidnapping as soon enough, all of them fell asleep at once.

Hannuri looked around the area, struggling against the ropes to try and free her hands. Worming around on the spot, she furrowed her eyebrows, futily fighting against the dead knot that was tied around her wrist.

"Think, Hannuri, think" She murmured to herself. Accidentally, the momentum from her struggling behind the ropes caused her to fling backwards, her body crashing against the concrete. She had almost smashed her head against the side of the table.

Pain soured through her body, the ache in her bones intensifying. She felt so hopeless in that situation. Not only would the King be overjoyed knowing someone had gotten rid of her, but Renjun would have no way of actually leaving the mansion and no reason to.

As if luck was finally on her side, she saw a small glint of light blind her eyes. It was broken glass from the beer bottles the men had consumed. Internally cheering, she wormed her way towards the glass, strategically placing the rope around the glass. She begun to saw her hand up and down, in a desperate attempt to cut off the thick material.

Much to her dismay, she began to hear footsteps. She couldn't move—she was utterly frozen there. She couldn't run nor could she do anything to actually hide. Suddenly, she was jerked to her feet, a blade held to her throat.

"Take a step back" The man bellowed. She recognised this as one of the leaders of the protesting gang. She winced as the cold blade caused her to tremble. Her hand was dripping with blood, her flesh being sliced open from the glass on the floor.

"Dont do anything" Oh how nice it was to hear a soothing, familiar voice. She snapped her eyes open, dread drowning her. She couldn't even muster enough courage to speak, far too afraid that the blade with stab right into her throat.

"Put it down" It was Renjun. He had his hands held out as if beckoning for them to step closer to him. She wanted to scream and holler his name, beg him to just forget her. Renjun's identity meant the world to so many people. She was only a mere girl. Her death wouldn't change history, Renjun's would.

"Please" Renjun's trembling voice sounded almost like a cry for mercy. His heart was shooting out of his chest.

"Where the King" The man holding her hostage asked, intimidation lining his voice. Renjun fell quiet.

"I'm the Prince. Do whatever you want to me. I have authority" Renjun's toned dipped, his voice softer than before.

"Oh?" A sinister laugh came from the man, his clasp around the knife physically tenser "Give us back this land then, your highness" Behind his demand was a hint of mockery.

Renjun couldn't even speak. He didn't know what to do. He was about to sacrifice the entire kingdom for the girl he loved. But seeing her hurt was far more agonising than watching his own kingdom fall.

"What will it be?" The man's asked, excitement etched in his bones.

"OK" Renjun whispered "Take what you ne-"

A gun shot fired.

i'm running out of ideas guys any suggestion for what should happen next ?