11

The morning came quick and Renjun wasted no time to wake Hannuri up

"Get up, we need to go somewhere. Meet me in the main entrance in 5 minutes" Renjun exclaimed, shaking her awake. She had barely processed what he said in the head before she heard the door to her room slam. 5 minutes later, Hannuri groggily stomped over to Renjun.

"Yah yah yah" Hannuri groaned. Her wrist was attached to Renjun's hand as he dragged her towards his car. The car was a built rather like a moveable street stall without a roof, where the steering wheel was glued on a pole and faced upwards. Two headlights like golf balls complemented the design. 

"Get in. Stop complaining" Renjun threw the car door open, gesturing for her to get in. Unwillingly, she got in, confusion etching her expression.

"Where are we going" Hannuri asked, sliding into the front passenger seat.

"Make me another essence. You broke mine" Renjun grunted, starting the car and exiting through the big gates.

"I did not break it" Hannuri defended, huffing as she sunk in the seat. It felt extremely odd to be sitting in the front seat as a maid, but Renjun insisted. Renjun always treated Hannuri different, and all the maids knew that. Jealousy, envy, you name it, all the maids wanted to be in Hannuri's place. though, Renjun's eyes never strayed away from hers.

"Im taking you to the best factory to remake it" Renjun announced as he drove down the empty streets. This was a time where people were fighting for democracy and summoned war upon the government every second day. Hence, no one was seen often around the streets. Only male protestor could be seen marching across the city centre with flags raised high into the sky, piercing through the clouds. This was a huge concern for the Huang family, being the direct King to this country. Nevertheless, they tried to hide their panic and worries with extravagant events, such as the masquerades, to attract people's liking towards the royalty.

"It's not going to nearly as good if you take me to a factory" Hannuri replied, glancing around at how the trees were blurred due to the speed of the car. She had never been on a vehicle before. A horse, at most.

"Where do I take you then" Renjun slammed the breaks, causing Hannuri's body to jolt forward. She almost gave herself a concussion against the hard steel.

"Ow" Hannuri rubbed her forehead "To my hometown...and drive slowly"

Renjun didn't listen to her, and only scoffed in return "How do we get there"

"I'll direct you. Trust me" Hannuri pointed forwards and Renjun drove according to her directions. After a long hour of figuring out whether to turn left or right at every fork in the road and bickering until their throats became dry, they stopped at a town full of wooden shacks that housed many lively people. Renjun parked his car, already gaining a lot of attention from the villagers.

Not even two seconds into their walk towards the green plains that Hannuri mentioned, Renjun had almost crushed four kids playing soccer. His face was pulled down in disgust, his hands tensely pressed together. People looked at him as if he was a different entity whilst Hannuri greeted people happily. No one seemed to know Renjun was the Prince, but then again, no one here could properly read the newspaper.