18

The villagers all stared at the man in complete and utter shock. From the man's clothing, which was a white vest and a beige coat with the addition of smart suit pants, the villagers immediately recognised this man's status. High, in fact, extraordinarily high. No one could afford even the fabric of these clothing pieces at the village.

It was Renjun.

Hannuri's body naturally fell out of their grip, her fingers shakily grasping the dirty under her hands. Like never before, her timid eyes traveled up to meet Renjun's. He seemed shattered. Even more hurt and heartbroken than she was.

- SEVERAL HOURS AGO -

Renjun and his father had returned to the mansion with no sign of the white rose girl. Renjun was frustrated to say the least, not being able to see the girl who he kissed and not being able to get a proper answer from her. At the same time, he was extremely conflicted. The type of love he felt towards white rose girl never seemed like love. It just seemed like a yearning in which it's a simple necessity for him to love her and her only. Even he knew that this wasn't the love that he wanted.

Yes the white rose girl appealed to him more than anyone else in the ballroom did, but it was because she wore an expensive gown and an elegant smile. The white rose on her mask was the first and only sign to tell Renjun that she was of high calibra. He had always thought they were the perfect fit, but now, he wasn't so sure.

He wanted to adventure into a love that wasn't so rigid. A kind of love that allowed him to break boundaries and set his own rules. He wanted to truly love someone, regardless of status and wealth. He just wanted to love and be loved.

The only person that came into mind was Hannuri.

Throwing his thoughts to the side, he clambered up the stairs, finally knowing what he truly wanted. He was ecstatic to know that he has his thoughts sorted. He hadn't seen Hannuri for a whole day and honestly, he knew deep down that he missed her.

He knocked on her door with a smile on his face. To his dismay, there was no one who responded. He knocked again, yet again receiving no response. Furrowing his eyebrows, he tried to twist the handle to find that it was locked.

"Hannuri?" Renjun called out. He heard shuffling behind the door and immediately, his eyes lit up. The door opened.

It wasn't her.

The foreign maid seemed shocked to see Renjun, her face falling into extreme surprise as she bowed in a 90 degree angle.

"Your highness" The maid said robotically.

"What are you doing in that room?" Renjun tried not to sound rude, but out of desperation, the tone just kind of slipped out.

"I-"

"Your highness, how can I help you?" The head maid walked up to him, her elderly face wrinkled as she smiled.

"Where's Hannuri. Byul Hannuri" Renjun repeated, a sort of panic arising from his stomach.

"She was fired, sir"

He didn't even have the time to react. He knew exactly who did this. Anger brew inside of him, like a dormant volcano finally erupting within him. His entire body was tensed too the point his veins could explode. Pushing the head maid to the side, he stormed into his fathers office with little to no hesitation.