Fourteen: An Unforgettable Party

A/n: I hope you've enjoyed your villain origin story lol

Warning: blood and death. Very long chapter if that's a warning?

~3000words

_____________

The rains fell from the heavens with the strength of a hurricane. You thought it was fitting for the day you were about to endure.

Last night, Halbrand had revealed himself as the dark lord you already knew him to be. You felt stronger with him at your side. And yet... you could feel that something else percolating inside your body that you couldn't place. The night you'd spent with Halbrand felt unlike anything you'd ever experienced before. You yourself felt stronger, elevated, and strange, but powerful.

You looked down from the view out your barred window to your fingertips. They felt tingly and looking at them now you saw how they seemed to shimmer with a faint light. Like your skin was imbued with the aurora borealis. Whatever Halbrand had done last night, had bonded a part of his soul to you. You knew that the same power within him was now shared with you and you couldn't help the grin that spread across your face. For the first time you had power over your father and Sir Aemon. Today, they will know vengeance.

You would do their little song and dance of finding a suitor but you knew Halbrand had a plan of his own.

You walked over to you chamber doors. It would be about time for breakfast with your father. Opening the door, there stood Halbrand.

He turned and smiled when he saw you, "hmm—power looks good on you."

You looked down, still effected by his flirting, "I have you to thank for that, dear Halbrand. I feel...new."

Halbrand smirked harder as he wrapped an arm over your shoulder, " power is the best feeling in the world, precious. Just wait until you see what you can do."

You started to walk together down the hall, "I trust you have a plan for today?"

He nodded, speaking low so no one passing by could hear, "I do. But it does involve going along with what your father says for a time. When he demands that a suitor is chosen. Then we will strike. After that, we escape."

"And how do we do that?" That would be kind of hard to do especially when you're surrounded by guards during an even like this.

He winked, "Leave that to me, precious."

Breakfast was seemingly uneventful. Your father however, did notice you when you walked in the room which he never does.

"Daughter...you look...different." Your father said. He couldn't quite place it and he kept making glances at you during breakfast. Maybe it was just the fact that you held your head higher, walked with confidence for the first time, and there was also the fact that you just seemed to be glowing. Knowing something your father didn't was a reward on its own.

"Are you excited to find your suitor this evening?" You father spoke around a mouth full of food.

You glanced at Halbrand before speaking, "I've never been so excited, father."

That caught the king off guard, " you're serious?"

You looked at him then, "Deathly."

The king didn't say much after that.

You were ushered back to your room to prepare for the royal event. Your wardrobe had already been dropped off at your room and from the looks of things, hand picked dresses from your father. All of which were glittery and sparkly pink, modest, with a ball gown skirt. What once might have been a normal dress to wear around the palace, now put a sour taste in your mouth. Your father wanted to preserve your innocence and use it as a way to sell you to a man. What suitor didn't want a virgin?