Chapter 37

Roman:"I was too slow"

Roman says looking around. He was back in the cave and he was running trying to get to his team but he was too slow and then he sees their bodies on the ground.

Roman:"If only I was faster. If only I was more serious"

Roman then sees Rod's titan rising.

Roman:"They would still be around. It was all my fault. What if I transformed before he even digested that fluid"

Once again Roman failed. This time it was different than the time his mother died. When his mother died he couldn't stop it but now he could have but he didn't stop it. Roman shakes his head and now he is staring at Reiner.

Reiner pulls his fist back and he punches Roman breaking his jaw and sending him into a house. Roman is now laying down on the remains of the house.

Roman:'So this is why Eren didn't want anything to do with Reiner'

Roman thinks while slowly getting up. Reiner was slowly walking towards him so Roman stands up and he created a mace in his left hand.

Roman:"You may be strong but I doubt you can take this"

He says pointing the mace at Reiner. Roman then slams it aiming for Reiner's head but Reiner manages to block the attack before it could hit him. He pushes the mace away and he tackles Roman through more and more buildings.

Roman:'This sucks!"

Meanwhile Eren catches a kick from Dante. He then spins Dante around for a bit before throwing him away. Eren then hardens his fists. As Dante gets back up and this time his feet and hands were hardened.

Dante runs at Eren but Eren moves to the side and he throws a hardened punch. Dante dodges it and he scratches Eren's face. Dante then bites into his arm and he rips it off. Dante slashes Eren's legs and he falls to the ground. Dante tries to bite Eren but Mikasa appears and she slashes Dante's leg which causes him to raise his hardened hand to protect his nape. Mikasa however starts slashing his arms,legs and back.

Dante:'What is going on?'

Dante thinks feeling the pain through his entire body. Then he recalls his conversation before the scouts arrive.

*Flashback*

Bertholdt:"Hey Dante"

Dante:"Yes?"

Bertholdt:"You know you should be cautious about Roman and Eren but you should be more careful while facing Levi and Mikasa Ackerman"

Dante:"Mikasa? I remember that girl but she's just a normal scout why should I be worried about her? Same goes for this Levi guy"

Reiner:"Believing that those two are normal is gonna get you killed"

Dante:"You two are overreacting. Roman is the only big threat and nothing else can hurt us. My titan's special ability will help me win this battle even if he uses that crazy burning titan again"

Reiner:"You couldn't even handle a single punch from him in that state. I should go after him while you go after Eren"

Dante:"I would try to argue with you but with what you are able to do now. It would be better if you handled the Warhammer titan"

Bertholdt:"But still if anything goes south, you two know what to do right?"

End of flashback

Dante:'Now I understand what they meant'

Dante focuses on regenerating his legs as fast as he can. Once he does so he leaps high into the air. Trying to get more distance so he can have enough time to think. Dante lands far away from Eren and Mikasa. Dante starts thinking on what he should do. He decides to get out of his titan but when his feet touch the ground. He feels an intense heat behind him which sends him flying forward and knocking him out.