Chapter 1

~Leonora's POV~

   I coughed as I broke through the muddy water. I must've swallowed some when that bird dropped me in here. I looked up and saw a dark castle looming high into the sky with all of those birds circling it.

"Let's move it newbie's!" I saw a wolf ordering all the other kids around. I hurried to shore and scrambled up onto my feet, shivering from the cold. I followed everyone else into the castle and we were corraled in a grand ballroom of sorts. The walls arched high above and balconies were forced into the space above. Everything was either black or grey with the exception of the sun shining through. I felt multiple pairs of eyes on me but I held a blank expression as I looked around at everyone. My clothes dried significantly but my hair hung around my face, still damp. There was a man facing away but he seemed to ooze power.

"Sir? Where am I?" He turned around and looked me up and down.

"You're the reader, aren't you?" Reader? What did he mean by that?

"I don't know what-" He cut me off as he stepped forward.

"You are. You are at the School for Evil. Everything will be explained later but for now, find your schedule and dorm room." He swiveled around and walked away leaving me to the wolves literally. I walked around for a minute until I found mine tucked into a corner of sheets attached to the wall. I was only sharing a room with one other person which I found odd. The other ones had four in total for dorms. My schedule was behind the dorm sheet so I took that with me as I searched for the room.

"First years are closer to the dungeons." I cursed as someone spoke from behind me. A fair skinned girl was standing there with a smirk across her face. She was fairly attractive given where we were.

"Can you point me in the right direction then?" She hummed and walked over to see my sheet. I watched as recognition passed through them. Upon closer inspection she looked run down and almost sad. I wonder what happened to her.

"Follow me." Her voice was devoid of emotion. I had to run to keep up but we were to my room fairly quick. She opened the doors and walked in herself.

"You must be a special case to be up here." She said as she sat on a decorated bed. The other one was pretty much empty except for the black bedspread and the dressers.

"I'm apparently a reader." I walked over to the bed post and ran a hand down the carved wood. It was of vines wrapping and reaching upwards. Her chuckle was deep and evil sounding.

"That explains so much. I get to have some fun then." I turned slightly around to see her stalking towards me. I closed my eyes and tried breathing calmly but it didn't work. I gasped as she grabbed my neck and pushed down onto the bedspread. I could feel my heart wanting to leap from my chest as she sniffed my neck. I stayed still as she started licking my skin. I felt her hand brush against my side while trying to grab my shoulder.

"I can smell your fear; it's intoxicating. I wonder if it's only fear..." I stayed facing the ceiling until she pulled herself away. She dug her nails into her own skin as she walked backwards. I climbed up and slammed myself against the headboard.

"You are delicious. Maybe we can have fun later tonight." I was breathing hard as I watched her stiffly walk out towards the door.

"We do have orientation to attend. Come on, I won't bite." A small glimpse of her mouth showed fangs and I swallowed my fear.

"I'll follow behind you." She narrowed her eyes but left the room. I let out the breathe I was holding and closed my eyes. Just a dream, just a dream.

Don't worry, my evil little one. I'll keep her in line until you can.

I gasped as I saw that man again in the mirror. He gave me a smile and then vanished. I nodded to myself and hurried from the room. I caught sight of some students ahead and walked behind them towards the school doors. We all walked out towards the school for good and into a grand hall.

"Nevers, over here. Evers, over here." I followed the Nevers to our side and sat alone in a corner. I saw my roommate talking with other people until a wolf growled at them. She growled right back and the wolf pushed her back with his axe. Someone clapped loudly towards where the dean of evil was. They looked so cheerful it was sickening. I suppose that is the dean of good. I looked around at the other students but it was all girls. Aren't there supposed to be princes?

"Welcome students, and welcome back. I am Professor Olyia; dean of the school for good." The good students all started chanting 'Evers' until the evil dean spoke up.

"And I am Professor Xavor; dean of the school for evil." Our side all started chanting 'Kill you' until Professor Xavor stopped us.

"As per tradition, the winning school from last year; us again imagine that, will all grace us with their chivalrous talent." She clapped twice and people started marching in. I saw that the princes were marching in and I yawned. I hated all that hero crap from them. I ignored the performance and looked around at the good students again. Many of them were watching the performance but I saw one of them reading a book. She had curly blonde hair that was pinned back some to show her face. Her eyes downcast made her appear asleep but her smile pulling up at points made it clear she wasn't. I watched her fingers twitch around the book she held. Her brow crease in confusion until it evened back out again. Her gown was an off yellow that was almost gold. I saw specks of blue along the cuffs with the white. I pulled my attention away as someone yelled. I saw all the Nevers moving to leave so I picked myself up and looked away before I could be caught staring at the princess again. I sighed as I opened the doors that led to the bridge.

Don't get distracted! She'll only break you in the end.

I shook that princess from my mind and walked up the multiple stairs to my room. I wasn't looking forward to my roommate but there was nothing I could do.

She won't bother you. Do you trust me?

I looked up to my mirror again and nodded. I walked up to it and put my hand on the glass. I felt a tingle run up my arm and into my mind. I opened my eyes and they were a bright violet. I blinked and it was back to my normal grey color. The door opened and my roommate walked in with one of her friends. I felt my heart speed up and they just smiled.

"My, my, no wonder you like her. I want a taste." Her friend walked up to me and touched my cheek. I was afraid but they wouldn't know it. I quirked a brow and she quickly pulled her hand away.

"She shocked me! Little bitch!" Her eyes became bright red and her fangs extended out some. I brought my hand up and grabbed her throat.

"I'm not the murderer." I pushed her back and she flew out the doors. My roommate just watched with wide eyes and then stepped back some. I glowered at her and she looked away.

"No one will be feeding on me, understood?" She nodded and I lifted my chin as I turned away towards the balcony. I heard the doors open again and everything was silent again. I sighed as I felt the energy surge I had leave my body. I sagged against the railing and was breathing heavily.

Well done, my little devil.

I smiled as I heard his voice again. He would make me stronger than I am now.