Chapter 3

One Month Later

~Leonora's POV~

   I hissed in pain as I hit the wall behind me. The never in front of me smiled holding the sword high up. I grabbed my dagger and got back into a defensive position. The teacher clapped and we both straightened back up.

"Excellent work you two. Now, class dismissed!" I had a slight limp leaving the classroom but I ignored it. That was the last class of the day so I walked outside for some fresh air. I was only allowed onto the bridge but I didn't mind it. I slumped against a wall and watched the sun as it dipped lower to the horizon. My thoughts drifted to that princess again; her blonde hair against her dark skin just did something to me. Pain started to radiated from my ankle and I softly cried out. I gripped my ankle and tried rubbing away the pain. Being a Never meant no help if it wasn't major.

"Are you okay?" I looked up and saw those dark brown eyes searching mine.

"I'm fine, Princess." I snapped at her and instantly regretted it as I saw her flinch slightly. She sighed and sat down next to me. Her dress spread out around her and part of it touched my leg.

"Your ankle." She cocked her head sideways at it while looking at my ankle. Her hand moved towards it but I moved it away. I groaned in pain and she gave me a smug look.

"I can help you. Please." I watched her wearily as she slowly moved her hand again. She touched my ankle and I bit my lip when she placed pressure on it. Her finger glowed and I sighed in relief as I felt my ankle heal itself.

"Ahh." I tilted my head back when she moved into my vision. She held out her hand which I took to help me stand up. I stumbled for a second but my ankle didn't hurt anymore.

"Thank you." I genuinely told her and she smiled brightly.

"You're welcome." She loosened her grip and I dropped my hand from hers. I missed her warmth but she didn't need to know that.

"Maybe I'll see you at mealtimes. Bye Princess." I turned on my heel and walked into the school for evil. I didn't need to have anyone thinking I was into an Ever. I hated being teased and that would get picked up immediately. I was walking up towards my dorm when I heard muffled voices behind the library doors. I checked to see if anyone was around and looked through the keyhole. I saw the dean of the school for evil behind a desk with the dean of the school for good pacing in front of him.

"If you know something about it-"

"I will tell you. Don't worry about my students Olyia." He looked tired as if he hadn't slept in days. Professor Olyia huffed and turned to the doors. I quickly moved away and continued walking to my dorm. I heard the doors open and looked behind me in question as to act normal. She noticed me at the other end of the hall and tilted her head in greeting. I did the same and left to go further up. I closed the doors with my body and leaned against them as I thought of everything that happened. What were the deans talking about and what about his students?

"You look like hell." I looked up and saw my roommate staring at me.

"I feel like it too. Benny has good aim." I scratched my head and sat down on my bed. 

"Damn. Here, this came for you earlier." She threw a package at me that didn't have a return address. I ripped open the paper and saw it was an outfit. It consisted of loose black pants and a grey top that would hug my body.

"That's cute. I wonder who it's from." I shrugged my shoulders and went to put my clothes away. A knock sounded on the door which my roommate answered it.

"Leonora, the dean wants you." I scrunched my brows in confusion. I walked out and followed the wolf guard to the deans office. He pushed me in and I glared back at him.

"Leonora, have a seat." He still looked tired so I complied.

"How are you settling in here?" I looked at a sculpture of a crow on his desk and peered up at him.

"I'm settling very well, thank you." He nodded and saw me looking at the crow. He smiled at it and moved to pick it up.

"You know, crows are very intelligent creatures. They only come around people they believe to have good intentions." I watched in awe as the crow came to life in front of us.

"He was real this whole time?" The dean nodded and pet the crow. His beady black eyes locked with mine as an intense feeling came over me.

"What?" I asked but the crow flew over to me and landed on my shoulder.

"It seems he's chosen you as a companion. I only just took him in from a terrible home." He gave me a smile as he watched us. I moved my hand up to pet him but he pecked at it.

"Ow!" I took away my hand and glared at him.

"Give him time and he'll come around. He might just be clinging to you at first but I know he'll come around." I nodded and stood up slowly. I didn't want to scare off the crow.

"What's his name?" The dean's eyes twinkled in amusement.

"I don't know. He never told me his name yet." I gave him a quizzical look but he just waved me away. I pursed my lips and left the room with my new bird in tow.

"I can't keep calling you crow. What's your name?" I asked it as I walked up the flight of stairs. The crow squeaked a little and I thought I heard Kye.

"Kye? Is that your name?" He was louder this time which I shushed him a little.

"Okay okay. Kye is a wonderful name." I smiled as I reached my door. I opened it and watched Kye fly over to my bedside table.

"Woah!" I heard my roommate exclaim as she saw the bird. I smiled at Kye as he pecked around at my things I had scattered around him.

"New pet?" My roommate, Jamine, asked as I shut the door behind me.

"No. He chose me as its pet so no eating him." I heard her sigh but I ignored her. I walked over to Kye and rubbed right under his head as I sat down on my bed. 

"You'll get your finger glow tomorrow. Are you excited?" That was tomorrow? Time really has flown by.

"I'm looking forward to it." I smiled as I turned towards her. She just tilted her head at me which I was confused by.

"You have evil in you. A lot of evil." She muttered but I don't think I was supposed to hear her.