Chapter 7

~Leonora's POV~

End of the Year

   I didn't have anything to pack or anywhere to go. I wasn't from this world so was I supposed to stay here? I huffed and fell back onto my bed. The last day was optional for the Nevers because of our rides home. I figured I would stroll through the shared garden and maybe find something to do. It was a fairly sunny day but no one was really outside for it. I gazed down the moat as I walked alongside the water. I wanted to please Rafal and show him that I was evil enough for him. I kept to myself and rarely talked to anyone unless was asked a direct question. I was never picked on because no one heard from them for a week after. One upper-class student found that out the hard way. I was feared by my peers and I liked it; at least I thought I would. I kicked a stone into the water and watched the ripples spread out.

"Hey you, Never girl!" I turned around and came face to face with the guy that was always around Clarissa Dovey. He looked a little broken but his body language proved different.

"What do you want Prince?" I asked in a bored tone as I kept walking. He joined my side and I turned away from him.

"What did you do to Clarissa?" I snapped my head back thinking I heard him wrong.

"Don't you keep tabs on her at all times? How should I know?" I hissed at him and he groaned covering his face.

"I can't find her anywhere, she's disappeared from her last class!" I huffed out a laugh and his sharp eyes pierced mine.

"What's so funny about a missing princess?" He marched up and made himself seem bigger. I gave him a dark look but he didn't back down.

"Has it occurred to you that maybe her teacher knows? Or maybe she's run away from you? I wouldn't blame her if she did." I could tell I hit a raw nerve as he was trying to be good. I know he wanted to punch me and I wished he would. I arched an eyebrow at him and smirked. I tasted iron in my mouth and was suddenly on the ground holding my jaw.

"I will do more than that if you are involved." He seethed and left me on the ground. I laughed out loud and laid down soaking up the sun.

"Pathetic prince." I muttered as I closed my eyes. He has a terrible right hook but it was enough to make me bleed. I stayed in the grass for a while until I had a shadow blocking the sunlight. I peeked open my eyes and saw it Professor Xavor.

"Getting into fights again?" He asked as I clambered up onto my feet to follow him inside for lunch.

"Are you still surprised?" I asked him in return and he just grunted in response. We entered the cafeteria and I noticed the prince talking with a few of his buddies. He had the audacity to act like nothing happened just a while ago too. I felt my magic spike and saw his glass tip over into his lap. I smirked and tuned back into the conversation with my dean.

"I have you moving into a different room for next year. You'll have a new roommate so please be less evil to them." I nodded as I would try to be cordial with them.

"A first-year?" He nodded and I smirked as I thought of the perfect welcoming present for them.

"No torturing them either." He gave me a sharp look and I sighed in defeat.

"Fine." I ended our conversation and went to get something to eat. There weren't really anyone left on the Ever's side but the villians still had a lot left. I spotted an empty seat and took my plate over before anyone took it. I magicked a book from my room into my hands and read as I ate. It was about the many potions you could create and antidotes to counteract them. I wanted to become an Apothecary because I don't see myself getting my own story. I needed to talk to the dean about it. I may have something to do during the summer at least. I reached for my glass but it wasn't there. I looked up from my book and saw the same prince from earlier holding it away from me.

"Did you find your princess?" I asked unbothered as I continued reading. I would ignore him as much as I could.

"I did and I wanted to apologize for my behavior towards you earlier. It was uncalled for but I was just worried about her." I rolled my eyes and held out my hand.

"I'd appreciate my drink back." I heard him put it back on the table and his footsteps leaving. I picked up my cup and brought it up to my lips. What did happen to her? Something must've happened for him to be like that. I sighed as I closed my book to tuck under my arm and left the cafeteria. I would find the dean later but right now maybe I can find a spell that can show me Clarissa. I hope she was okay.

She will only hold you back from your full potential. Don't do it, love.

"I'm just worried." Maybe he would understand if he loved me like he said he did.

She wouldn't have left if she cared for you. I'm the only one that cares for you.

I gulped and left to go up to my room for the last night. Maybe he was right. She wouldn't have left if she cared for me like she said before. I only had a handful of items so I would just carry them to my new room tomorrow after everyone left.