Chapter 12

Okay, so I'm gonna try not to time skip so much now. I have them where I want them at the moment so just bear with me. Thank you all so much for the love on this story and don't forget to check out Wishes and my one-shots for dovesso. Now, onto the story!

~Clarissa's POV~

   I sighed as I sat down at my desk and offered the seat in front of me to Lesso. She definitely grew up and looked even better if that was possible. Her hair was very short and curled wildly around her head. She wore this blank expression unless something agitated her. I could tell she was still in pain, but she hid it well. Her steel grey eyes showed her emotions unless she looked at you head on. My eyes wondered down to her full lips and I swallowed down my curiosity as I started the conversation.

"How have you been?" I decided to approach an easy question.

"Clearly being a villain." She sneered rolling her eyes. I cleared my throat and she sighed as her shoulders fell, she looked exhausted.

"I'm fine, Clarissa. Now, why can't I leave yet?" I pulled out a paper and handed it to her to read. It gave her the option to stay if she wanted to; I hoped she would.

"Being the dean of the school for evil?" She didn't believe me in the slightest.

"Yes. Professor Xaver requested you to be dean. He didn't want anyone else and believed you would be the perfect fit." A sadness flitted across her face then it was gone. She laid the paper down on the desk and stood up leaning towards me.

"Where is he?" She was deathly calm as she stared into my soul.

"Th-the main tower for evil..." I trailed off and watched her leave the room swiftly but she still limped heavily. I let out the breath I was holding as the door slammed shut behind her.

"Athea." I whispered knowing she was right outside the door. I felt her small hand on my shoulder and I sighed knowing Lesso might murder someone.

"Get a wolf guard to watch Lesso and Xaver. I fear they might do something they might regret." I watched her leave quickly and I stood up to look out the window towards the bridge separating the schools. I could make out a red dot of color and knew it was Lesso. I laid my head against the cool glass of the window as I watched Athea get a wolf involved. I closed my eyes as one, potential, problem was solved. I magicked tea as I waited for her to eventually come back knowing Xaver was going to send her back.

   It didn't take more than an hour when my office doors were almost thrown from their hinges startling me. I arched an eyebrow at Lesso as she slammed them shut behind her. She huffed as she sat down in the same chair she occupied an hour earlier. I pushed a teacup towards her and went back to my grading. I only had a few left and it wouldn't take me too much longer.

"What are you doing back here?" I looked up as she hid her face behind the teacup. I smiled as I set my quill down and picked up my own cup.

"I was asked to come back as well. I already did my fairytale and was requested back. I didn't have anything else so I figured why not." I thought back to my brother and his wife. His wife didn't make childbirth and it was a horrific night after his daughter was born. He didn't even want to look at his own daughter; all he could see was his deceased wife. I blinked back any tears that might've been collecting and took a sip of my tea.

"I'm sorry I asked." I saw Lesso was giving me sympathy and I waved her off with a smile.

"It was a while ago now. Don't worry about it. How did your conversation go with Xaver?" I put my cup down and picked up my quill again. I needed to get this grading done and it was only this and one more left.

"He's dying; poison. I'm starting tomorrow but I don't know what to do." I lifted my eyes and saw she was holding the cup with both hands. She looked small, fragile even. I gave a small smile and put down the essay.

"It's not that hard. You may need to take over his classes, but I know you'll like it. He taught Curses and Deathtraps." I saw her eyes light up and I chuckled a little bit. I stood up and held out my hand for her.

"Do you accept any and all conditions to become dean of the school for evil?" I left my hand out for her and could feel my heart hammering out of my chest. Lesso stood up and took my hand and a glow emanated from our conjoined hands.

"I accept any and all conditions to becoming dean of the school for evil." The light went away and I let go of her hand. She was officially dean of the school for evil. I felt so overjoyed my finger glow was strong and bright. I thought I saw hers too but she hid her hand behind her back.

"I'm sure you would want to get some sleep so your wolf guard will show you to your new room for now. I hope you like it here Lesso." She just nodded and limped out of the room leaving me wondering if she felt the same way I did. I quickly finished grading the two essays and did my nightly routine while Lesso stayed on my mind and in my dreams.

Unspoken Intentions(ON HOLD)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara