Chapter 5

~Leonora's POV~

   I felt like I was going to vomit. My stomach was in knots as everyone around me were excited. I looked ahead of me as we all walked to the cafeteria for breakfast. I sighed as I sat myself in a dark corner away from everyone. My eyes roamed over the Evers on the other side of the room. I always managed to look for her even when he told me not to. I found her walking in gracefully towards that prince she always sat with. I have never seen them anymore than being pleasant with each other. Perhaps she already has a prince and he's a good friend. I scoffed as I dismissed that thought. She's too good for a prince, only me. I growled and sat up to get food before the assembly. My eyes would wonder over to her but she never moved except to eat her food. What has her so preoccupied?

"Careful, they might catch you staring." I snapped my eyes up to my roommate who looked bored. She gave me a knowing smirk and left me with my thoughts. I looked back over briefly and saw the prince was now looking my way. I quickly averted my gaze and walked back to my corner. Did he feel me looking over at them? I never looked back up after that thinking that he would say something. I saw a few others leaving for the finger glow ceremony. I followed them out and risked a glance back at the princess. She did look like she was here mentally and the prince looked worried for her. I faced forward and followed the first years to the main hall. I gulped as we sat down waiting for the deans. I was closer to the front so I would get my finger glow faster.

"Quiet down. Today you will unlock your finger glow. You must tap into your emotions that are strong enough to cast a spell." Professor Xavor explained.

"Your finger glow will prove to be invaluable once you have it. Don't worry Evers, good feels no pain." She smiled at her students.

"Nevers, don't scream." His smile resembled that of Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland. They pulled out golden keys and had us all line up. I hurried towards the front to get this over with. I was the first one in line and I looked up at my dean in fear. His eyes shown care when he looked at me. I held out my finger and watched the key go all the way through and gasped in pain. He turned it and I clenched my other hand in a ball. The key left my finger as it started glowing purple from my emotions.

"Woah." I stared at my finger as I moved away from the line. I waved it around as I was mesmerized by it.

Now the real fun can begin.

I chuckled darkly and left the main hall to go back to my dorm. I heard a bird caw and noticed it was Kye. He landed on my shoulder and nipped at my ear.

"Neat, isn't it?" I showed him my finger glow but he just stared at me. I sighed and shook my head at him.

"Hey, you." I stopped walking and turned back around to see that prince from the cafeteria.

"Can I help you Ever?" I sneered at him and he tilted his head.

"I know you're new so drop the act. Why were you staring at Clarissa?" So that was her name. It suited her and it sounded so sweet.

"She's always wearing gold, she's kind of hard to miss." I answered sarcastically and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You're always staring at her wherever you go. Stay away from her." He walked away from me and I smirked at him.

"Oh little prince. You just peaked my interest." I kept that smirk on my face walking back to the Never's side of the castle. I shrugged off my bird and he flew up high. I made my way to the Never's library and looked through books about easier spells. A book floated my way with a red mist behind it. I smiled as I took the book that read Magic: A History.

"A history book?" I questioned as it opened on its own to a page about the two brothers who created this school.

"Yeah, yeah. I know all about this already. One good brother and one evil brother were maintaining the balance until good succeeded. The evil brother was vanquished and good has been winning for years now." I scanned the text for anything important when a voice filled my head.

Rafal and Rhian

"Is that their names?" A tap to my head confirmed my theory. I knew who was who and figured this must've been the evil brother.

"Rafal." A hand touching my shoulder gave me goosebumps and I sighed closing my eyes.

I will make you more powerful than you can imagine.

"Yes." I agreed with his words and closed the book. I let it fly back to where it came from and went up to my dorm. I was in a daze as I walked through my door that I never noticed my roommate with her friend. I only noticed them when I looked in my mirror. I turned towards them and they gave me wary looks.

"What was your point about me being evil?" I asked as I let my finger glow as I froze them in place. They were allowed to talk but that was it.

"I can sense evil when I see it. You are on the path for pure evil and I don't want that for you." I laughed at that and pretended to wipe away a tear.

"Like I want your pity! I came here to become strong! You won't be anything except an old hag!" I heard something crack and saw her abdomen was bleeding.

More

I clenched my fist more and she let out a yelp.

"Please stop! You're killing her!" The doors were ripped open and the Dean of Evil was standing there with another teacher.

"Leonora, you aren't allowed to kill anyone. Let her go!" I snarled but let them go and watched the other teacher tend to them. He stalked towards me and pulled me with him.

"You need a refresher of the rules."

A/N: No doom room until Lesso takes over the school of evil; sorry