Chapter 13

A/N: I'm so sorry, writer's block is insane right now because of how life is going. I am slowly writing the next chapter but I am trying my best. Enjoy this chapter though!

~Leonora's POV~

The guard showed me to a room in the good castle for the night as my own room will be the evil deans office soon. It was too colorful for me but it would do for now. I limped over to the bed and sighed in relief as I sat down.

"I shall be back in the morning my dean." I nodded towards the wolfguard and dismissed him.

I discarded my pants carefully to examine the wound that prince left; it was only a scar now and I sighed. If he really want to he could've twisted it to incapacitate the whole leg. I carefully took off my shirt as the wound on my shoulder made everything hurt when I moved my arms. The wound didn't look too bad but it would need more time to heal. I touched my shoulder lightly and sighed as I let it become cooler from my touch; the cold helped it. I would have to rely on my magic more right now until it healed so I used mine to conjure night clothes on my body. Silk to be more precise, silk didn't irritate or snag the scars.

~The Next Morning~

I groaned as the light shone directly into my eyes. I heard the giggling of fairies and growled lightly.
"Stupid fairies.." They squealed and then it was silent. I sat up groggily and rubbed my eyes. A knock sounded, a loud knock.
"What?!" I seethed as the door opened to reveal the same wolfguard from last night.
"Dean Dovey asked for you to meet her in her office before breakfast." I plopped back down but waved him off. What could she possibly need this early? I slowly got out of bed and dressed in a satin suit for the day. I still couldn't wear anything tight. I grabbed my cane and walked briskly to her office, surprising myself that I could remember the way. I laid my hand on the door, debating, on whether I should just open them or knock. I made a fist and knocked lightly.
"Come in Lesso." I kept a neutral expression as I entered the office. Dovey was at her desk with a folded piece of parchment; the Dean of Evil's seal. She held it out for me and I took it lightly, hesitating to open it.

"Is it..?" She looked down and I finally broke the seal.

Leonora,

                    I understand how this all must seem but I picked you because I know the dedication you had while at school. You loved all your studies and are an amazing alchemist. You will do this school good while being the Dean of Evil. If you have this letter than I am dead. My own foolishness caused this, don't do the same. I know you have yet to have your story but I have a feeling it may just be beginning. Clarissa will be a great counterpart for you. She is the spitting image of Olyia. I wish you the best on your career here and don't worry. You're secret is safe with me. I won't be able to tell anyone about it now anyways.

           Nathaniel Xavor

   I closed the letter and hid it in my pocket. I straightened my posture before looking back at Clarissa.

"He was a great dean. If you want, a funeral could be held-" I cut her off.

"No. Villains don't get that. He'll be sent to his next of kin." I gripped my cane as I sat down. This was all a bit too much.

"...he doesn't have any kids..he dedicated his life to his work. His next of kin were his students." I nodded once and looked anywhere but at her. My mind was racing at his words; Clarissa will be a great counterpart for you. Did he know? Or was it the other secret? I looked up at Clarissa who smiled softly at me.

"Send him to the Crypt Keeper. I have to prepare for h-my lessons." I walked away quickly afterwards, slamming the door behind me. I walked past the cafeteria and up to his-I breathed out as I reached Evil's doors-my room. The guards were just inside and bowed to me as I walked past them. I acknowledged them briefly and climbed the stairs. He was housed closer to the top so I had a bit of a walk ahead of me.

I was out of breath as I reached the door and was in slight pain from my leg. I might have to brew up some remedies for pain before the end of the day. I won't be able to do much walking until my leg is healed more. I opened the door to the room and was surprised to find it bare. He must've packed everything weeks before. I noticed a few items on the dresser and smiled a little knowing it was Xavor's. He had these few items that I always played with when I visited his office. I pet the crow statue and watched it come to life. I held out my palm and let it walk onto it.

"Hello again Kye." He cawed loudly and I pet him again. I lifted him up onto my shoulder as I picked up the key. It was the same one used for unlocking one's magic. I pocketed the key and looked at the last object. It was never on his desk and had a bow on it. I picked up the book and undid the bow, letting it fall to my feet. I flipped open the first page but it was blank.

"A diary?" I scoffed and threw it in the bin. I didn't do feelings and won't start now. I used magic  to transfer my things from my temporary room to me. I moved them around to make the room feel more comfortable. I had sat down while rearranging the room, my leg starting to cramp up as I stood on it. Everything settled and I let my magic calm down after setting a protective barrier around the perimeter of the room. I sighed as I got up.

"Time for class."