Chapter 2

~Clarissa's POV~

   I sighed as I sat down in the main hall waiting for the Nevers to show up. They were always late so I opened my book I brought with me. I wanted to get a head start on my studying and I've heard all this already. I heard the doors open and the Nevers walked in. They were all sitting together except for one. She looked like a drowned kitten with her orange hair still wet. She was definintly a first year; she was so skinny. I listened to the deans for a second but I went back to my book.

Your first story you will have a mentor with you. They will help you get through it so that the story goes as it should. If anything should happen they will step in and perform in your place. A fairy godmother will always get a story but how soon all depends on you.

Someone yelled and I noticed that it was the dean of evil. I guess orientation was over now. I closed my book and hooked it underneath my arm. A prince helped me down which I thanked him for. I looked over to the evil side but I never saw that girl again. I frowned slightly but I shook it away. She's evil, why do I feel sorry for her? I followed a few girls towards the dorms and then split away to mine a bit higher up. I noticed a note on my dresser and saw it had a seal of the good school on it. I broke the seal and saw it was from the dean herself.

Clarissa Dovey,

I noticed you are enrolled in the fairy godmother track. I would like for us to get together to discuss the course and what to expect. Meet me in the gazebo in the gardens after lunch today.

Sincerely, Professor Olyia

I sighed as I put down the note. What more is there to know about being a fairy godmother? I put my book next to the note and went over to my window. I thought about my family back home. I always hated the first few days here. I adjusted fairly well but the nightmares I have the first week are the worst. I wonder what will happen with Father if-no! I will not think like that. My thoughts drifted to that first year I saw in the hall. She had a certain beauty that wasn't associated with evil. I wonder how she will keep that. I looked through my side table and searched for my ink I brought with me. I would write home soon and inform them about the first day of class tomorrow. It wasn't in my side tables so I went over to my dresser. It wasn't there either which was odd. I would have to ask for some more later. I looked at the clock and noticed it was just shy of eleven in the morning. I will walk down early today. I left my room and took my time down the steps.

Clarissa...

I looked around me but I didn't see anyone. I shook my head and walked a little faster towards the dining hall. I know this school had ghosts but that was a little too creepy. The doors were open and there was already a few people sitting.

"Rissa!" I saw my best friend with a friend of his already. I walked over and he patted the seat next to him.

"Sit with us. We're just waiting for lunch to appear." I nodded and quickly sat down. I waved to his friend in which he smiled.

"Your performances were amazing." I told them. Vincent snorted and his friend was confused.

"You had your nose in a book. I know you didn't see the performance." I blushed at his comment but didn't correct him.

"It's the same as last year. It always is." He laughed as I blushed harder. I swatted away his hand when he tried poking my cheek. Lunch then appeared on our plates and we all gasped when it happened.

"I will never get over that." His friend said and I lightly laughed. Mine consisted of a salad with turkey, a fruit cup, and a water. I silently thanked the school and picked up a fork.

"Did you want to hang out in the gardens after lunch?" Vincent asked me. I opened my mouth to agree when I remembered I made to meet with Professor Olyia.

"I would love to but I have a meeting with Professor Olyia." He just nodded and turned to his friend. More people came into the dining hall and I waved to a few I knew and they waved back. I finished my food and excused myself from the boys.

"We can still meet up later. The library?" Vincent nodded and I hurried off to meet up with the dean of good. I found her walking up to the gazebo when I moved around a tree near it.

"Hello Professor Olyia." She turned around and smiled at me.

"Clarissa. How have you been?" She motioned at the chair and I thanked her.

"I've been good. My brother has taken over the throne from my father. His health has declined over the summer." She gave me a sympathetic smile and reached across our table to take my hand.

"I'm very sorry about that. He is a strong leader. This will not keep him down for long." I smiled slightly but I feared the worst. I pulled my hand away and sighed.

"Um, what else is there to know about becoming a fairy godmother? I thought I had all the material I needed." She gave another smile and leaned back.

"The Storian would like you to accompany a fairy godmother on a story. I trust that you know what to do and she will show you the ropes." I stared at her unblinking, trying to process what she said.

"What?" She laughed at my expression but informed me again.

"The Storian wants to train you with another fairy godmother. Will you accept?" 

"Yes, yes!" I jumped up and twirled around. I was so happy and I couldn't wait. She laughed at me again but I was too happy.

"Where do I have to go?" I sat back down and leaned forward. She shook her head and smiled at me after she finished laughing.

"I'm not sure where. The Storian will only tell you the day before you leave. I only needed to know if you accepted." Professor Olyia waved her hand and a piece of paper vanished from in front of her. She then offered me tea and a few biscuits.

"Now, did you have any questions for me about becoming a fairy godmother?" I took a sip of tea before answering her.

"I know it entails about helping out princesses or princes. Do I have to have a signature color?"

"Yes, a signature color makes you a fairy godmother. You don't have to wear it every day but wearing it frequently helps." I just nodded and took another sip. We chatted a little more about my summer and hers before it got too late. She accompanied inside before we went our separate ways. I noticed the sun was closing in on the horizon so I thought it would be better to head to bed. I would catch up with Vincent another day it seems. I hurried up the steps as I wanted to have a nice, relaxing bath before bed.