Chapter 20

"I'd rather DIE than be with you!" I screamed back as I ran down the stairs, headed for the armory. Cai sighed. "You know the armor won't help! It didn't help Jade, and it damn well won't help you!" He yelled as he ran down the stairs, chasing after me.

I started running faster and attempted to put on the armor. It didn't help that the armor I chose wasn't even my size. Cai walked down the last few steps with his eyes closed. "Chris, that's not gonna do shit against me!" He got into a battle stance to scare me. I didn't even flinch when he ran toward me, and he cut my leg.

"Agh! Cai!" I growled his name and lunged to try and mirror the same cut, but he dodged it instantly. Then, I walked toward him, throwing and stabbing my sword in every direction, but he dodged all of them flawlessly, almost easily.

Then, he noticed I had slowed down and he slid under my legs and cut them on both sides. Then, he lunged for my sword. I swung it away just in time, that he only left a scratch on the sword, but a second more and the blade would have probably come clean off...

I groaned as I felt another slice on my leg, one that was a bit deeper than the other three. "Why are you going after my legs so much?!" I yelled as I started another barrage of attacks on him. "Because then, you might only be in a wheelchair when you come to your senses..." Then, he jumped over me, and I felt him grab my leg.

"Ca-" I tried saying his name, then I felt a horrible pain. I screamed as I fell down and saw that he had broken my leg. I screamed more as I saw it.

Cai stood in front of me and smiled. "I'm sorry, Chris, truly... but this seems to be the only way to make you see things for how they are." He walked toward me slowly and grabbed my other leg. Then, he broke that one. I screamed yet again.

Then, I tried to get up, since I remembered the armor lets you walk even without being able to control your leg or arm. Unfortunately, the armor was cracked, so I couldn't move much without a stabbing pain in my leg, but I needed to keep fighting. For Jade.

Cai watched me stand back up and smiled bigger. "Oh my god! I forgot the armor could do that..." Then he noticed I stood in a battle stance, and his smile faded. "Really? You're still fighting me? I could do much worse than just break your bones, y'know." I noticed that Cai had his eyes closed as he spoke.

While his eyes were closed, I lunged for his face. Not only did he dodge my hit, but he also cut my face back, and the blade too. Fortunately, the blade was still intact. I tried to slice his torso and went into another barrage of attacks.

Cai yawned as he dodged every single one of them easily. "Y'know, I killed two whole teams of over 70 people. Fully trained, fully equipped, everything. Each within five minutes. You really don't stand a chance against me." He chuckled. I lunged again, and surprisingly, I cut his cheek a bit.

He grabbed his cheek with his arm and looked at how much blood was coming out. I was stunned as well, realizing I had just cut my childhood best friend... on purpose. I smiled meekly as he looked at me slowly.