Chapter 22

I smiled meekly as he slowly turned his head to look at me. I could tell by his face that he was done playing. He commenced a barrage of attacks, and my sword didn't hold up for long as a shield, and it quickly broke, broke again, and broke another time, each time a piece of it was chipped off, it cut my face.

"Doesn't feel very good, does it, Chris?" He growled at me as I fell backwards. He had his nail at my throat. I gulped and felt a piece of that sharpness that had not only cut my legs, but my blade, too. My neck was slightly cut just by swallowing.

"Y-you wouldn't dare." I mumbled as I grabbed his wrist. "In fact, I would." He grumbled as he slightly brought it closer to my skin. I sighed and I felt a sharp pain in my neck. He was actually doing it! He actually started cutting it!

I gasped as I rolled to the side, and he groaned and walked to me slowly. "CAI!" I yelled and closed my eyes tightly. He looked at me confused. "What?" Honestly, it sounded more like a statement, the way he said it.

I sighed and started to tear up. "Please, I don't wanna die." He looked at me and saw my tears, with my voice shaking, so he grabbed my sword (or what remains after that sick showdown) and threw it.

"Chris... I'm sorry." Cai hugged me tightly, but I didn't hug him back. I will literally never forgive him for what he's done. He stopped hugging me, placed his hands on my shoulders, and looked me in the eyes.

"So, you're my boyfriend now!" Cai smiled. I was shocked for a second, but then I nodded, sadly. I mean, what else was I supposed to do? If I refused, he'd probably just kill me right then. I didn't have a choice.

As he carried me up the stairs, I stared at him. He kept looking down at me and getting confused. "What is it?" He finally said, halfway upstairs. "Do you know what happened to my mother?" I spoke flatly.

"Hmm... nope!" He beamed thinking about her, but acted like he didn't know a thing. Strange? I stared at him, no emotion showing through my face. He looked back down to me and sighed. "Fine, you want the truth?" He groaned and I nodded. "That's all I want, Cai. No funny business either."

Cai reached the top of the staircase and set me down on the couch. "That bitch cut off your arm, babe! I couldn't believe anyone would do that to you!" He smiled as he said it, as if I'd be proud of him. He broke both of my legs! AND almost slit my throat! What the hell?!

"Anyway..." He continued. "I kinda maybe possibly tortured her and then killed her... For you, of course!" I stared at him in shock. How could he kill my mother for cutting off my arm, when he broke both of my bones and almost killed me? Both were intentional, too!

"I hope you're not angry with me, Chris." Cai smiled and rubbed his head against mine. I would've tried to kill him, but with his cat reflexes, flexibility, and his nails being as shark as a sword, I didn't stand a chance.

"Also, I'm glad you've made the choice to live." Cai purred. "It's what Jade would've wanted if she actually loved you. She didn't, but hypothetically." He giggled.