𝐲𝐮𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐞 ~~ techno, toujours pareil

cw: alternate universe - harry potter settings

~💙~

Yuki didn't know why he was there. The club was cramped with people, the hair hot and somehow sticky. The drinks were far too expensive for his budget, and the songs weren't even that good. Some French techno song was playing, people singing along with it. Yuki cringed at the crowd nearly behaving like they were in a mosh-pit. Yeah, they were in some underground Parisian nightclub, but Paris was supposed to be about classy people, right? The Japanese couldn't take it anymore, and left the "dance" floor towards the bar.

"Un eau, s'il vous plaît," he asked in his broken French.

It had been years since he practised that language, and even after two days in the French Capital, he was still a little rusty. His accent made the barmaid roll only a little her eyes. Yuki sighted, exhausted by French people, making it obvious he wasn't fluent in their language.

In England, during his days at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he hadn't received as many disdainful looks as in only two days in Paris. Good thing he was a Gryffindor, and learned to not be impressed by others. While he was still on that train of thoughts, the barmaid came back with the glass of water.

Yuki gratefully took it. The cold water was making a sharp contrast with the excessive heat of his hand. It also helped him cooled down a bit, soothing his internal temperature. He heard Paris could become an oven in the Summer, but he also thoughts those were exaggerated rumours. Now, he understood more why the richest Parisians left jut before the heatwaves.

As he was finishing his much-needed glass of water, someone bumped into him. The cold water splattered against his chest, making him hiss at the sudden cold feeling. The stranger immediately started to babble away in French, going far too quickly for Yuki to understand a single role.

"Je, erm, parler pas bien le français?" The wizard offered, wishing his language limitations were understood by the stranger.

The latter looked up, their eyes meeting for the first time. Yuki stepped back, surprised. He knew those eyes, he knew this face, he knew this man. In fact, he knew him pretty well. The not-so-stranger seemed to have made the same discovery, as a happy smiled appeared on his face.

"Yuki! It's so good to see you here! I'm so sorry about that," he said, making a move towards the Japanese man.

"G-good to see you too, Pierre," he said, accepting the hug, and totally forgetting about his wet shirt.

They had been together at Hogwarts. Well, not together per se, just fellow students. Yuki was two years below Pierre, but that didn't stop him from developing the biggest he ever had on the Frenchman. To Yuki's dismay, the latter had acknowledged this peculiar affliction, sometimes even going as far as to give Yuki's compliments to see him blush.

After Pierre's graduation, they didn't keep in touch. The Japanese wizard was way too shy t try, even after six years in the chivalrous and valorous house, and the Frenchman didn't send any letter either. Yet, here they were, two years after Yuki's own graduation, in the same shady Parisian club, in the Marrais.

That was what surprised Yuki the most. It wasn't seeing Pierre after all those years (it was bound to happen), but rather meeting him in a club in the LGBT neighbourhood of the capital. Pierre never explicitly stated his sexual orientation back at Hogwarts, and Yuki always thought he was straight.

Yet, Pierre's outfit screamed everything but straight. His nails were painted black, classic move from anybody, you would say, but his flannel was unbuttoned until his stomach, his golden cross reflecting the spotlights of the club, and he had this gorgeous golden eye shadow on. He was wearing shorts, obviously, and on his feet, those special rainbow converse reflects what little light there was in the club. Yuki was left speechless for a moment. This Pierre was so much different from the one he knew at school.